*Sorry a paper copy of this was not sent home today (Tuesday). Miss Kerr forgot to send this and books. Books will come home tomorrow Wednesday. *
Phonics and Spelling
Learning Intention: We are learning the words ‘play’, ‘no’, ‘look’, ‘make’, ‘like’, ‘made’.
- Practise spelling your common words in your spelling jotter 3 times. Challenge yourself by trying to write a sentence with your new common words in it.
Learning Intention: We are learning to use the sounds we know to read words.
- Practise reading all your common words.
- Log into Bug Club and choose one book to read, remember to complete the bugs.
- Children in the Elves and Fairies only: Read the reading book that has been sent home in your bag.
Reminder: Please return this book on Friday. This book will then be quarantined to comply with COVID-19 guidelines.
Maths and numeracy
Learning Intention: We are learning to measure length.
- Use your toys to measure the length of adults or objects in your home.
|Talk Together Homework
Talk together homework is designed to develop your child’s talking and listening skills. This will help them with other aspects of literacy.
v Make sure there are no distractions.
v Try and sit face to face
v Don’t ask too many questions
v The discussion could last between 5-15mins.
This week, talk about: under the sea.