Phonics and Spelling
Activity 1: We are learning the sound ‘th’. We are learning the words ‘this’, ‘that’, ‘then’.
- Log into Sumdog and complete the spelling activity “Spelling – 29.3”.
- Log into Sumdog and complete the competition “Spelling competition”.
Activity 1: We are learning to use the sounds we know to read words.
- Practise reading all of your common words.
- Reading books: Read the reading book that has been sent home in your bag.
Reminder: This week, reading books must be returned on Thursday as Friday is a holiday.
- Log into Sumdog and take part in the grammar competition- this time it is in teams!
Maths and numeracy
Activity 1: We are learning to make doubles to 10.
- Practise making doubles calculations with your playdoh. The calculations you could make are :
1+1 = , 2+2=, 3+3=, 4+4=, 5+5=.
For a challenge, try making 6+6=, 7+7=, 8+8=, 9+9=, 10+10=
|Talk Together Homework
Talk together homework is designed to develop your child’s talking and listening skills. This will help them with other aspects of literacy.
v Make sure there are no distractions.
v Try and sit face to face
v Don’t ask too many questions
v The discussion could last between 5-15mins.
This week, talk about: shoes.