Upper Primary – Littlemill PS

John Muir Award!

P5-7 started earning their John Muir Award in January 2020. The John Muir Award is a great opportunity for both adults and children to engage with local wildlife. Spending time in natural spaces is great for our mental wellbeing and is also lots and lots of fun!

John Muir Award’s ‘Mission: Explore’ workbook has lots of ideas for fun outdoor tasks, including the task I did in the video:

Walk 1000 steps …… to enjoy and explore your local natural surroundings. Be extra observant and look in all directions to notice nature.

There are plenty of opportunities to complete this award even though we are learning from home right now. Remember, sharing what you are doing for the award at home is very important, especially when I can’t be with you right now to witness all of your hard work.

Upload videos or photos to our John Muir Award page on Teams or ask a parent or carer to email me. If you spend only 1 hour a day doing an activity which will contribute to your John Muir Award we will easily get it completed before the end of the school year! I have uploaded a John Muir ‘Mission: Explore’ checklist on to the John Muir Award channel on our Teams page to help you.

The photos below are from January 2020: