We have pulled together general information and resources for Leaders and Participants that can be used as part of the DofE training programme. There is a page for Participants with resources that can be used at home to prepare for your expedition and a Leaders page with material to help with all aspects of expedition preparation and training.
DofE and Covid 19 Just because of the lockdown there is no reason to stop your DofE award work, here is the DofE Education Recovery briefing.
#DofEwithadifference shows you can continue to work on your Physical, Skills and Volunteering Sections, explaining how you can change your activity, find a new assessor and gives lots of ideas of new activities that can be completed now. There is also a bit more information on volunteering for the family and changing activities more than once here.
In addition to these changes to help you keep going they have also introduced a Certificate of Achievement, moving on to the next level and made some changes to the Expedition rules. Full details can be found here but the headlines are:
Certificate of Achievement – to recognise and celebrate the success of Participants who have started their award since the summer of 2019, a Certificate of Achievement can be awarded for those who have completed their Physical, Skill and Volunteering sections, but have not been able to complete their expeditions.Participants will still be able to gain their full award when they are able to complete their expeditions.
- Expeditions with a difference – there will be flexibility in the way that expeditions can be put together.
- Expeditions at different times of year.
- Assessors can be known to the teams at Silver and Gold level.
- Expeditions will not need to leave their local environment even for Silver and Gold.
- Silver and Gold expeditions may be delivered back-to-back.
- DofE will provide guidance to help run expeditions during Winter period
Participants who wish to progress
To help Participants who can not complete an expedition this year but wish to progress:
- At Bronze level, those who have achieved their Certificate of Achievement, completing their Physical, Skill and Volunteering, will be treated as though they have completed their previous level and can move on to Silver only requiring SIX months of activity rather than twelve.
- Participants will be able to use their Silver Practice expedition as their Bronze Qualifying expedition so that they may achieve BOTH Award levels.
The DofE hope you will feel that these proposals are a very positive way forward to keep young people engaged and moving forward and give them something very positive to aim at.
It will also make it possible and practical for each Centre to register new participants in June and be able to see these and the existing young people through to completion in a proper time scale.
If you have any queries or if we can help in any way, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
DofE will be providing further information and updates over the next while and we will pass these on to you all as they are published.