Homework

This week’s homework is Bug Club. The book is shown below. If you have any issues please let me know.

Homework

This week’s common words are:

am

me

my

Below are suggestions of activities you can use at home with your child.

Back writing – Child uses their finger to ‘write’ the word on someone’s back.

Air writing – Child ‘writes their word in the air.

Play doh – Child uses play doh to spell the word.

Loose parts – Child uses loose parts to spell the word eg. pasta, beads etc.

Chalk writing – Child uses chalk to write their words on a chalk board or outside on the ground.

Ipads/ laptops – Child practises their words on word/paint.

Word hunt – Write the words on a piece of paper and hide them around the house. When the child finds the word they must tell you what it says.

If you have any questions about the homework or are unsure about anything, please drop me an email.

Bug Club

Image result for bug club

In your child’s bag you will find their username and password for Bug Club. The school code is thcg. If you lose the login details, please get in contact with me and I will provide a new one.

This week’s book is ‘Fun at the beach’. Please go through the book with your child and complete the bugs. If you have any questions please contact me.

See the source image

Active Literacy Wordwall

As well as practising our sounds in class, we have also been learning and practising some tricky words. I have attached these words below for you to have a practise at home too. At this stage we are mostly concerned that the children can recognise the words, although you may also wish to practise writing them.

Some ideas for you to make practising fun…

• make flashcards to play snap or pairs game
  • practise reading/writing them in bubbles/condensation on the side of the bath
  • making and reading them out of pasta shapes
  • writing them on your child’s back with an imaginary pencil and ask them to identify the word
  • input the words into a game online called Spelling Central and the words will be made into a bespoke game
  • write the words in chalk on the path and play hopscotch type games outside

Bug Club Help

This week, all of the Primary 1s will be allocated a new reading book on our online platform, Bug Club. We would normally hold a parent workshop explaining how to use it but for now, as you know, we cannot have parents in our building. Those of you with older children will be familiar with this website but for those of you who are new to it, here is a step by step guide as to how to navigate and access books.

Go go Google and search for Bug Club or the website is www.activelearnprimary.co.uk

You should come to the following login page.. The school code is thcg (this will possibly change for Lochnorris)

You should come onto this page which will have your child’s name on it.. My Stuff indicates how many items your child has which have been allocated/not finished off.

When you read the books, you will notice some pages have a wee bug icon. If you click that icon, it will bring up an activity for the child to do. Once you have completed the activity, the eyes will close.

Once your child finishes a book, the book will then move to ‘My Library’ where it is available to go back and read again.

When the children have completed the book, they will receive virtual coins which they can use to play games or decorate their house.

There is also a tab for help for parents.  (We currently do not use the Maths tool)

Logins and passwords will be given out to children from their class teacher. If you have any problems accessing Bug Club at all, please don’t hesitate to contact your child’s teacher or Mrs Smith   lindsay.smith@eastayrshire.org.uk

Sometimes there can be issues with Internet Explorer so you may want to try Google Chrome or Firefox or something else.

Homework – 05/10/2020

Here are this week’s common words:

an

is

and

It is vital they know how to say the word, recognise the word as well as being able to spell the word.

Homework 28/09/2020

Every Monday I will be posting homework on the blog for your child. The homework will be to help your child learn and practise their common words.

Below are this week’s common words:

We have been looking at the number 6 this week in numeracy.  We can correctly form, show and recognise this number. Take a look at our fabulous work below.