All Together Now!

Well… here we are at the end of a year like no other!!

It seems appropriate to say goodbye to the old and be hopeful and joyful at the thought of a new year ahead with better times for us all we hope. But of course before that we should remind ourselves what our children have reminded us of this whole year. Life goes on and there is so much to be thankful for!

I am completely and utterly astounded every day at how our children and young people deal with whatever life throws at them with grace, dignity and joy! The changes we have been through this year as a school community are huge and yet here we are together on our amazing Barony Campus and our pupils have coped just fantastically. Beyond all our expectations they have shown us the power of the human spirit and every day they exemplify our school motto by being just FANTASTIC!  How wonderful it is to spend our days with these amazing young people. They teach us all a lesson in life!

This year Christmas has been a bit different for us all but Hillside pupils have kept the fun going and have been just so fantastic that Santa came to visit!! Apparently no-one is on the naughty list so good news all round!

Finally I wanted to share with you a wonderful poem that a lovely parent wrote for us to mark the end of life in our old school but to remind us all that a school is far more than a building. It is the people and life inside that makes somewhere special and today I want to thank our whole school community – parents, pupils, staff and friends – our ‘Hillside Family’ – for everything they do day in, day out to make our school community so special.

Wishing you ALL a very Merry Christmas!!

I AM SO GLAD WE ARE ALL TOGETHER NOW !!

All Together Now!