Michael Russell, the Cabinet Secretary for Education and Lifelong Learning, has made an announcement outlining the Scottish Government’s key objectives for ICT in education and his plans for the next generation of Glow. This included stopping the current Glow Futures procurement and utilising readily available tools, through a single sign-on, to make the next generation of Glow more relevant and dynamic.
The key ICT in education objectives are:
- Changing the culture of use of ICT in education;
- Improving confidence of all in the use of ICT in an education environment;
- Promoting new behaviours for teaching;
- Deepening parental engagement;
- Strengthening the position on the use of hardware and associated infrastructure in schools.
The announcement has been broadcast on the Engage for Education website (www.engageforeducation.org). You can follow the discussion on Twitter using hashtag EduScotICT.