There are a few different ways of adding graphics to your Glow groups to make them a little bit more attractive.
One way is to use page-builders like http://eduglogster.com or www.wix.com and simply embed those live pages in Glow using the xml webpart. For example, the East Ayrshire homepage on Glow uses Glogster - East Ayrshire Glow.
Another way is to use graphics tools like http://cooltext.com to create your graphics (banners like that above) and then display them in Glow using Text Editor. Here’s how -
- Once you’ve created your graphic on Cooltext you have the option to Get HTML code. You’ll need to create a Cooltext account for this.
- Highlight the HTML code (you may want to miss out some of the code that advertises the site, as long as you link to the site some other way!)
- In your Glow group, add the Text Editor webpart and open up Text Editor (Edit Content).
- At the bottom left of your Text Editor you’ll see an icon like this <> for HMTL. Click on this.
- Paste in your HTML code from the Cooltext site.
- Click Update then OK.
- You should now have a nice graphic!
If you want to go crazy and make your banner move across your page, it is quite simple -
- In Text Editor, click on the <> icon to go to your HTML code.
- At the beginning of your code add <marquee> and at the end of your code add </marquee> (no spaces or anything rememeber).
- Click on Update then OK.
- You now have a moving banner!
There’s much more detailed guidance on using graphics on your Glow groups at this help guide - Creating Graphical Images in Glow.