Friday Feedback #teamfenwick

We won!

Well Primary 3/4 what a way to end our school year, winning the East Ayrshire Sumdog Contest ! Out of 100 classes that entered we were 1st place !

I am so proud of you all. I wish we were together in school to celebrate. I really do believe  we are the best class in Fenwick Primary School 😉

Well done to Ellis who  was a top 10 scorer in the contest.

I will email all  certificates to your glow email to print at home.

I have loved reading your blogs, looking at your photographs, seeing what you have been doing online and hearing how you have all been getting on at home. You are all Gold Award Dojo Winners !

I will be thinking about you all over the holidays and I cant wait to come and visit you all in your new classes in August!  

Take care of yourselves, remember to be kind and have lots  fun with your family and friends.

with love from

Mrs Ross

🙂

Wednesday Check In

I can’t believe we are at the last Wednesday check in before the summer holidays!

This week I have been in school  getting lots of things ready in my new classroom for next year. It feels sad being in school without you all there and I miss all the buzz and fun that we all have together in Fenwick Primary.

I hope you all got a chance to see the Virtual Prize Giving Ceremony. 

You can view this here.

Well done to every single one of you in Primary 3/4  for achieving the 125 Community Cup for all of your achievements and community spirit in lockdown ! It really has been a difficult time and I am proud of you all!

Well done to Ellis for achieving  the Primary 3 Endeavour Award and to Susan for achieving the Primary 4 Endeavour Award.

I have been  doing some work in my garden last week  and after power washing my decking I oiled it all and I am really pleased with the finished results.  Unfortunately it has rained every day since I have done that , but on Tuesday evening I managed a quick cup of tea before the rain started again!

I have been challenging myself to walk 20,000 steps each day so I have been walking early in the morning and late in the evening. Tonight when I was out for a walk with Olive a young fox sat and watched us from the garden. He looked very nosy and wanted to play with Olive. She was not interested and just wanted to chase her ball.

Mr Ross and I  collected lots of tree stumps from Greenbank Gardens beside where we live. We spoke to the gardener who had been chopping lots of trees down in the woods and he said we could take as many as we could carry. We will chop them up for our wood burner in the winter. It was heavy work, Olive helped us by sniffing them a lot! Friday will be the last day for our lovely Miss Jaffrey. She is off to University in August to train to be a primary teacher. We wish her lots of luck. I have sent her a wee card and a present from all of us in the class. I hope she shares a little picture of it with you when it arrives!

I hope you all have a lovely week in the sunshine and remember to keep playing Sumdog whenever you can !

I will post our final Friday feedback and share the Sumdog results with you all then.

From Mrs Ross

🙂

Monday Learning Grids

Good morning Primary 3/4  ,

I hope you are all well.

Today your Learning Grid can be found in Teams.

You can use our class code to join our class team.

The instructions for joining Teams can be found here.

Our class code to join is :   fwn4wpy

We will be using Teams when we return to school in August, so this will let you see how it works before then.

Please let me know  if you need any further help with this.

Remember you can take part in the East Ayrshire Sumdog Contest which is on until Thursday 25th June at 8p.m.

Enjoy your final week of home learning before the summer holiday.   🙂

Mrs Ross

Feedback Friday

Good morning Primary  3/4,

Next week will be our last week of home learning before the summer holidays.  I am very proud of all the things you have been doing at home and how well you have all been coping with not being at school:)

Here is some of the fabulous work that you have completed this week. I will add more throughout today as I look at all your hard work.

This week our writing and reading tasks were all about the jungle and 1 little jungle animal made a guest appearance this week too !

Remember today is the start of the East Ayrshire Sumdog Competition so get playing to help us move up the leaderboard ! 🙂

Our class contest has now ended and this week’s top ten on the leaderboard looks like this :

Well  done Susan who won this week’s contest. 🙂

Have a lovely weekend

from

Mrs Ross

🙂

IMPORTANT UPDATE- Microsoft Teams

IMPORTANT UPDATE

We have been working hard setting up Microsoft Teams for each class so that this can be used as the platform on which all teachers will be uploading learning grids and related resources.
This is something which we intend to use in August as part of our blended learning approach. For this reason we felt it was important for each child to be able to access Microsoft Teams to familiarise themselves with how to view the resources uploaded by their class teacher.
Please note: No work has to be uploaded to Teams. All finished work by pupils should still be shared in the same way as we have been doing – by uploading to E-portfolios or alternatively by e-mail to the class teacher (where there are difficulties uploading to E-portfolios).
An e-mail has been sent to every pupil today providing them with a unique code which they require to access their own class Team. A pupil and parent ‘how to’ guide has also been included in this e-mail (this can be viewed by clicking below).

Microsoft Teams “How to” guide for pupils and parents PDF

Wednesday Check In

Good morning boys and girls,

Only one more week of school before the start of the summer holidays. The staff have all been busy this week getting things organised for our last week of term. Keep your eye on our blog for more news!

I have been in school this week getting things organised for our return in August. It felt very strange at first being in the building but it felt good to be back in our lovely wee school!So today I will have a look at my emails and your blogs to see what you have been doing while I have been in Fenwick Primary.

At home I have enjoyed meeting up with some of my friends for a cup of tea in their garden and a blether. My dad came and had a BBQ with us in our back garden and it was lovely to spend time with him.   I am still doing lots of walking , last night the bats were swooping around our heads as we were walking past the woods behind our house. There have been some beautiful sunsets t his week.

Don’t forget that the East Ayrshire Sumdog Contest starts this Friday! Good luck Primary 3/4!

Keep sending me your messages and keep me up to date with all the things you have been doing.

Take care

Mrs Ross

🙂

Learning Grid 15.6.20

Good morning Primary 3/4.

I have attached this weeks learning grid here. As usual, please complete what you can and what you and your parents choose and then email me any photos or work or post an update on your e-portfolio. Enjoy your week 🙂 .

A link to Miss Dasgupta’s Expressive arts grid can be found here.

Some more fun activities and games to try at home:  East Ayrshire SAC Families and Communities

Primary 3

Primary 3 Measure and Length Flashback Powerpoint Questions

1.Primary 3 Measure Revision  Centimetres Worksheet

2.Primary 3 Measure Revision metres Worksheet

3.Primary 3 Measure Revision Compare lengths Worksheet

4.Primary 3 Measure Revision Order lengths Worksheet

5. Primary 3 Measure Roundup Worksheet

Shapes Outdoors

Primary 4

Primary 4 Measure and Length Flashback Powerpoint Questions

Primary 4 Measure Revision Worksheet 1

Primary 4 Measure Revision Worksheet 2

Primary 4 Measure Revision Worksheet 3

Primary 4 Measure Revision Worksheet 4

Primary 4 Measure Revision Worksheet 5

Shapes Outdoors

Primary 3 Rainbows Talk for Writing( week 2 of task)

Primary 4 Jungle Pack – Talk for Writing ( week 2 of task) 

Spelling 15.6.20

Mild Reading Challenge – Summer Solstice

Hot Reading Challenge – Summer Solstice

Spicy Reading Challenge – Summer Solstice

HWB

PATHS SEL Pictionary Activity

PATHS Challenge Hide and Seek

Mindful breathing

BBC Bitesize Communictaing with Sign Language

Other

BSL learn to sign the alphabet

BSL sign a song

RRSA Article of the week 15.6.20

School Values Whole School Task – PDF

An East Ayrshire site