Sarah’s 12th Nurture Story for you all

Hi everyone!  I wanted to share this story with you, it’s a really lovely child-friendly way of explaining how mixed up our emotions may feel during this time, and links nicely into the work we have been doing in the ECC around Emotional Literacy.

Lucy in the story has magical hair which turns colour to match the emotion she is feeling.  When she is happy, it turns yellow, when she is jealous it turns green.  And one day when she wakes up, her hair is blue and she isn’t sure why.  Watch the story, then have a chat with your wee one about the different colours, and what emotions could be linked to them, what might cause those emotions etc (there are no right or wrong answers – all discussion will help develop understanding).  Being able to verbalise feelings and giving them the language to do this, is a step towards understanding them and in turn being able to self-regulate and control our emotions, which is important for our ability to learn in a classroom, and just get by in life!

Hope you enjoy the video, I also have the sequel story, Lucy in Lockdown, which I cant wait to read to you all next week 😊

Sarah x

Go to this Sway