Lest We Forget 2023

The Captains and Vice Captains attended the Church Remembrance Sunday Service with Mrs Kelly and myself as representatives of the school and family community.

The children had the honour of laying the wreath at the War Memorial to pay our respect.

The role of House and Vice House Captain is one of privilege, pride and responsibility. These roles are more than just a title and badge, and they require dedication and commitment for an entire year as they take part in active citizenship.

We are always immensely proud of our Captains and Vice Captains as they are exemplary role models.

With sincerest regards, Mrs Nouillan

New Class Library Books

As part of our improvement plan for this year is to further develop resources which promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, we have made a significant investment in our classroom libraries. We have spent £800, £500 was from our core budget and £300 was from our Pennies in the Park fundraiser in June 2023, and again I offer a huge thank you for your support with this!  Our new library books promote more diversity of characters, story-lines and authors, and they are intended to deepen understanding of disability, religion, faith, beliefs and culture, but all through the context of age and stage appropriate stories.  Moreover, our new resources will ensure all of the children of Dunlop Primary School have visibility and know they are represented and valued.

The Captains and Vice Captains have been working with me to allocate books to each class and they are excited about these new books going into the classrooms!

Should you have any questions about our resources or our improvement plan for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, I’m an always available to meet with you.

With regards, Mrs Nouillan