Primary1, Tuesday 12th January, 2021.

Good morning everyone.  I hope you are all having a lovely Tuesday.

Click on the spelling and phonics below to see today’s work.

Spelling and phonics

I hope you are all enjoying reading your new books and would like you to continue today.  Please complete your comprehension tasks by clicking your book title.  These tasks can be completed over two days.

What Was It Like.docx

On The Sand

What A Bad Dog

Numeracy & Mathematics

Today you will continue to find out about Time.  The programme is about minutes.  Yesterday you completed a Health & Wellbeing exercise challenge which lasted 5 minutes.  Was it a long or short challenge?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z6hr7nb

Which devices could you use to measure 5 minutes?  Did you find out how many little lines are between the numbers on a clock?  Add some to the clock you made yesterday.  Have a go challenge – starting at zero, what number can you write up to in 5 minutes?

You are going to practice counting in 5’s by singing ‘Counting by 5’s.’  Listen to it then sing along.

https://scratchgarden.com/videos/counting-by-fives/

You are going to  make a bird feeder and observe birds which visit your gardens.  I have included some bird feeders that you might like to make or you can investigate and choose your own.   You can begin to plan this activity, with a view to it being completed by next Monday.

t-he-723-toilet-roll-bird-feeder-craft-instructions_ver_1 t-he-725-pipe-cleaner-bird-feeder-craft-instructions-english

t-t-29271-how-to-make-a-winter-bird-feeder-craft-instructions_ver_3

t-he-725-pipe-cleaner-bird-feeder-craft-instructions-englisht-t-29271-how-to-make-a-winter-bird-feeder-craft-instructions_ver_3

Please remember to send me your work by the end of the week.  You can attach it all in one e-mail each day or at the end of the week.  I will look forward to seeing all your hard work.  If you have any questions, please get in touch by e-mail.

Have a good day boys and girls!