Scottish Week and Robert Burns

Happy Burns Day everybody!

Good morning everyone,

I hope you enjoyed the weekend and perhaps tried out some of the lovely outdoor ideas from the Winter Nature School post I shared on 13th January.  If you have, and you would like to share, please send me an email and I will blog this as we all love to see the children.

I cannot tell you how much we are missing seeing the children and hearing them in both the ECC and the primary department, school is rather quiet at the moment and it just isn’t the same!

At this time every year, the children in the ECC would be taking part in our whole school Scottish celebrations, including wearing a spot of tartan and enjoying a wee Burns Supper!  Maybe you could do this sometime this week??

For our Scottish Week, I have put together some Scottish links which will help you celebrate Scottish Week at home,  There is the story of Robert Burns, easy Scottish songs, Scottish dancing, Scottish stories and if you’d like a sweet treat as a reward for all your Scottish learning, I have also attached an easy shortbread recipe – please open the links below.

Easy Shortbread Recipe

I hope you enjoy this learning and have lots of fun.  I always appreciate many of the families are very busy with work and other family commitments, so this week’s learning is merely a suggestion for you.

Please click on the Forms box below to take you to the links.

Have a wonderful week and on Friday I will shared a story with you and an actvitiy from one of the ECC staff.

With warmest regards, Mrs Nouillan