A month of learning and festive fun in December

Dear Parents/Carers,

We have had an extremely busy month preparing for our Caroling with a Difference show, which I hope you have enjoyed, we have had our Christmas Party and the children have been creating the most fabulous art work and Christmas gifts for you to enjoy and cherish.

This month there has been a lot of festive imaginative play, with the children taking on the role of Santa, Mrs Claus and the elves in their Christmas house, they have built sleighs in block play, wrote letters to Santa and baked lots of festive treats. We have enjoyed virtual Christmas stories read by some of our amazing parents, enjoyed watching pantomimes and the Primary School Nativity. The children have explored and investigated clay to create reindeer and Christmas wreaths, they have used real tools to create wonderful hedgehogs from wood and nails and have thoroughly enjoyed being outside, learning in the ever changing weather.

I would like to thank the parents who joined us for our virtual story telling, the children really do enjoy welcoming you in the ECC and listening to you read to them, Thank you very much from all of us here at Dunlop ECC.

Please click the link below which will take you to our December Sway presentation.

Kindest Regards

Mrs Marshall

Go to this Sway

Our Final Weekly Reflection of 2021

Good morning everyone,

I have attached our final weekly reflection of 2021 for you to enjoy.  I am sure you will agree the children of Dunlop ECC have been extremely busy and very hard working throughout this year.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas break.

We look forward to welcoming you all back on Thursday 6th January 2022.

Kindest Regards

Mrs Marshall

20th December 2021 (1)

Christmas Caroling with a Difference!

Our much loved and much enjoyed Christmas Caroling with a Difference Concert was a victim of Covid last year, where sadly the mitigations didn’t allow singing.  However this year our concert is back and it is even bigger and better!  Mrs Marshall, Mrs Gray, Mrs Mack, Mrs Thomson and Mrs Murray have truly excelled themselves with the costumes, props and can do attitude to bring to you this utterly charming take on Christmas Caroling.  Both Mrs Kelly and myself got to see it first hand and we were impressed by the children’s hard work and enthusiasm!  I’d like to extend a huge thank you to Mrs Marshall for leading this and for overseeing the filming and putting together the presentation, it is no mean feat when faced with a lack of professional filming equipment but she has certainly produced a wonderful representation of Christmas in an ECC.

Parents, Carers, Grans and Grandads, please settle yourself down, as I proudly present to you, a cast of cuteness and much festive merriment!

Go to this Sway

Sincerest regards, Mrs Nouillan

Festive Countdown

To get us all in the festive mood, we will bring to you every day a digital advent.

During our festive period, everyone within Dunlop Primary and ECC, including all staff, will present a little something Christmas and festive related and this will be shared each day on the blog.

Day 1 – Digital Advent: The Captain’s are Rocking! Please click on the link below.

Day 1 Advent

Everyone at Dunlop extends a huge thank you to Miss Morrison in P5 for organising and leading this for us! It is certainly getting us in the festive mood!

Kindest regards, Mrs Nouillan