Virtual Nature School by Living Classrooms

Good morning and I hope you have enjoyed a lovely weekend.

As I have previously shared with you, just before we closed for the Christmas holidays, I was successful with my application bid for Dunlop ECC to take part in the Winter Nature School Training programme which was being led by Dr Claire Warden & sponsored by Mindstretchers Academy.   Claire Warden is an Educational and Experiential Pioneer and is the founder of Scotland’s first Nature Kindergarten. She leads work around the world on Outdoor Play and Outdoor Learning so I am delighted for us all at the ECC to be awarded a place on this prestigious training.  The training will begin when the ECC reopens, which we have our fingers crossed for next week.

In the meantime, I received   lots of lovely ideas for Winter Nature School learning from Claire Warden and Mindstretchers, again I previously shared these winter diaries filled with lots of super ideas for outdoor learning, and today, I would like to share with you the Virtual Nature School newsletters which are practical guides filled with lots of great information and which highlight that our pedagogy is underpinned by excellent practice.

If you are interested in this aspect of early years education, please open the link below to the Virtual Nature School site.

https://www.virtualnatureschool.org/

Virtual Nature School Newsletters (also available on the website as podcasts)

VNS. Keeping dry and warm (1)

VNS Emotional wellbeing (2)

VNSs Real world learning- maths (3)

VNS Myth Busters (4)

I hope you enjoy the next few days and as soon as the First Minister makes her announcement today, we will confirm via the school app all the necessary information for you.

with sincerest regards, Mrs Nouillan