Primary 3/4 – Mrs J. Ferguson, Mrs Cook

6.4.20

Happy Easter holidays everyone!  It might not quite have that ‘normal’ holiday feeling but we need to try to relax and enjoy them as much as we can, you deserve them!

I’m hoping for some Easter sunshine so I can out and enjoy reading in my garden.  We also have lots of Easter activities planned.  Me and my girls are currently busy with paints, pens and glue making an ‘Easter Window’ to enter into Mauchlines Easter Window Competition.  I know lots of you have been decorating your windows with rainbows and teddies.  It really makes me smile to see all the windows when Im out for my daily walk with Penny! I was hoping to post a finished picture later today but think it might not be quite finished by then so I’ll post it once we have finished.  It’d love to see all your windows that are brightening up Catrine!

Enjoy your few weeks off and let me know what you are getting up too!

Take care,

Mrs Ferguson

3.4.20

Good Morning Everyone! It’s Mrs Cook here and this is officially my first day back at work, which is a very strange thing to write as I sit here at my desk in my home. I was so excited to get back to work and see you all but unfortunately it wasn’t meant to be. I hope you are all staying safe and enjoying spending time with your families. 

I hope you enjoyed the wee video we posted yesterday. Poor Katie didn’t make a very good duster, did she? We are trying hard to enjoy our time home together as a family although we are missing our friends and the rest of our family as I’m sure you are too. 

I have a little task for you today. I would love it if you could send me an email to let me know how you are getting on. 

My email address is eaerin.cook@glow.sch.uk

When you log into Glow you can access your email by clicking on the “Mail Microsoft Office 365” tab. It should be on your dashboard but if not you can search for it and add it. The first time you log in, you’ll have to set the time to UTC +00:00 Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. After that you should be good to go. 

Have a lovely holiday next week, you have definitely earned it. 

1.4.20

Good morning everyone,

I’m missing seeing you all and wondering what you have been doing?  I’d love to hear from you so remember you can always email me.

So I think I have to admit that I made a little mistake! (Remember mistakes are good, we all learn from them!) The Sumdog competition I set was to complete 250 questions! Now I know that some of you did give it a go, but it took a LONG time to complete.  So I have learned from my mistake and set a new challenge for you.  This time its based on times tables (2, 5 and 10) and its only 30 questions.  You have until Friday to complete, so go on.

Another activity that I thought you might enjoy is Alphabet Treasure Hunt.  We have been looking at Alphabetical Order so this is a fun way to ‘hunt’ for your alphabet.  You need find one thing around your house that starts with each letter, then take a picture of what you have found (then email it to me or upload to your Glow Blog).  ‘XYZ’ are difficult so you can put these together and just find one of any of these letters.  We had great fun finding these around the house! Here is our example…

Extra Challenge:  can you fit it all in one piece of paper?

Have fun and remember I’d love to hear from you all,

Mrs Ferguson

30.03.20

Good Moring P3/4,

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the sunshine! I’ve been busy getting the garden ready for summer, weeding and tidying.  What have you been doing this weekend?  I’d love to hear from you!

This weeks spelling words are:

Red (y)

1. fly
  2. shy
  3. cry
  4. sky
  5. why
  6. dry
  7. myself

Green (2 sounds this week, ‘ea’ and ‘ou’)

1. break
  2. steak
  3. great
  4. breakfast
  5. would
  6. could
  7. should

Common Words: how, jump and keep

I’ve set a fun spelling challenge on Sumdog using your words so please go on and complete it.  And remember some of the fun activities we do in class to help our spelling:  Rainbow writing, Upper and Lower Case, Spell-er-cise, Hangman, Computer typing.  Why not try some of these at home?

This week we have decided to have some quiet time in between all the learning.  So we have started doing some yoga.  Remember there is lots of online videos that can help.  You could join in with a Cosmic Yoga video at home.  This afternoon we are planning on Going on a Bear Hunt! Will you join us?

Have fun and keep sharing it all with me on email or Glow blogs,

Mrs Ferguson

27.03.20

Good Morning p3/4

I am sure you are all enjoying learning online and are showing the people at home some of the fun ways we learn. I have added multiplication and division games on Active Learn. I wonder though if you could teach someone at home one of the multiplication Number Talk strategies, I know lots of you like the equal groups strategy- why not do this with objects around the house?

Here’s a video to remind you how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD4zp8ruvaI

I hope you have all accepted Mrs Govans’ Challenge and have made your bed this morning! Today could you write instructions for how to do this (just like we did for washing our hands), remember to include pictures, numbered instructions and bossy verbs (put, fold, pull)

Remember to stay active, whether that’s Joe Wicks workouts, Oti’s dancing or going out a walk with people from your household.

I’d love to hear from you! My email is earachael.robertson@glow.sch.uk

Stay Safe, and have fun

Miss Robertson

25.3.20

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well and keeping busy.  We had a busy day here yesterday using some of the great online resources available to us at this time.

Firstly we learned to dance with the help of the Strictly Come Dancing professional dancer, Oti Mabuse.  It was great fun and certainly put a smile on our faces!  I’ve posted the link below:

After all that dancing we were a little tired so we snuggled up with a blanket and listened to David Walliams daily Elevenses, where he reads a chapter from one of his books.  Yesterday it was all about a boy called Spoiled Brad from the Worlds Worst Children.  It was really funny! After listening, we decided to draw a picture of our favourite part of the story.

Here is the link:

Why don’t you try something like that today?  Listen or read a story and draw your favourite part.  Or learn a new dance routine?

Remember you can share this with me using Email or your Glow blog.

Have fun,

Mrs Ferguson

24.3.2020

Good morning,

Just to let you know that I have set up a Spelling Challenge using this weeks words on Sumdog for you to try.  Good luck!  I already see that a lot of you have been busy logging on Active Learn, Sumdog and Reading Wise.  Well done!

I’m loving my emails that some of you have sent.  It’s lovely to hear about what you have been doing.  Remember you can also update your Glow Blog and Miss McLean has posted a fantastic video reminding you how to do this.  I’d love to see photos of what you have been doing.

Today we are planning to go out into the garden to do a bit of tidying, ready for summer. So why don’t you go outside safely and see what you can do?

Mrs Ferguson

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to send this little note home with a few websites that we enjoy in class that you could use at home. But really the important thing to remember is that learning happens all the time and have FUN! Maybe you could draw a picture, make a cosy den, read a book, snuggle up with a blanket, bake your favourite cake, play a board game and just enjoy time together.

And remember you can always email me to let me know how you are doing. I’d love to hear from you!

My email is:  eajill.ferguson@glow.sch.uk

Take care and I’ll see you all soon,

Mrs Ferguson

Websites

• www.bbc.co.uk/newsround – Newsround
  • www.topmarks.co.uk – Maths games
  • www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary – BBC Clips and Videos
  • www.coolmathgames.com – Cool Maths Games
  • www.gonoodle.com – Go Noodle movement and mindfulness videos
  • www.youtube.com/user/justdancegame – YouTube Just Dance
  • www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga – YouTube Cosmic Yoga
  • www.pobble365.com – Pobble 365 Daily Creative Writing Inspiration

Term 1 – planner

Term 2 – planner

Term 3 – planner