Please note that due to EAC Health & Safety Guidelines there is no access to Catrine Primary School car park. For safety purposes, please ensure all entry and exiting from the school is through the school gates.
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
We will celebrate our Harvest Service on Wednesday 9 October at 9.30 a.m. within the school. We look forward to seeing you. Donations of tins/biscuits/dried foods etc. will be gratefully received and then donated to a local food bank.
Thank you for your continued support.
As we are enjoying some fantastic sunny weather, please ensure your child has sunscreen applied before coming to school. A hat can be worn during break times.
P3/4 and P4/5 joined up for a fun-filled morning of play on Friday. The children chose a range of activities including Twister, construction, basketball, gymnastics, art and football to name a few. Everyone had a great time marking the longest day of the year.
You are warmly invited to our Prize Giving/Closing Service on Wednesday 26 June at 9.30 a.m. within the school.
We look forward to seeing you.
We’re all looking forward to a great trip to Blair Drummond Safari Park on Thursday 13th June.
- We’re asking all pupils to be at school by 8.30am on Thursday morning so that we can get registered and toileted quickly, aiming for all three buses to leave by 8.45am
- No mobile phones please
- Pupils don’t need to bring any money – we will not be visiting the gift shop
- Pupils should wear their Catrine PS school uniform polo shirt and jumper please, and then shorts/leggings/trackies and comfy shoes
- Pupils should bring a light jacket in case of rain, sun lotion/cream should be applied at home
- Pupils should bring a packed lunch (or order from ParentPay) in a disposable bag, so that when they’ve finished their lunch everything can go in the bin and they don’t have to carry a lunch bag around
- When the buses return to school, all pupils will go straight back into their class and, once everyone has returned, we will ring the school bell and pupils will exit the school via their usual exit. The safety of your children is our utmost priority so we appreciate that whilst this might take a wee while it ensures that we know that every child is leaving the school safely.
We have 2 extra adult spaces for the trip. If you are able to be a parent helper (although, please note that you will not be placed with your own child’s class) please complete below:
If your child requires a packed lunch for their summer outing on 13 June, please ensure you have it ordered through ParentPay in advance. Thank you.
The Parent Council is running a “Family Fun Night” on Thursday 20 June from 6.00 p.m. – 8.00 p.m. There will be:
- Soak the teacher
- circus games
- hot dogs
- tuck shop
- big games and more …..
East Ayrshire Council Health & Wellbeing Team recently asked parents to complete the National Parental Involvement and Engagement (PIE) Census. The results of the census are being monitored, therefore if you haven’t already completed the survey, please do by clicking on the link below:
This confidential survey should take no more than 10 minutes to complete, parents have until the 31st May 2019 to submit. Click the link below to access additional information about the survey and to view the Privacy Statement.
Thank you in advance.
Catrine ECC and PS are holding Parental Information sessions in Catrine Primary School on Monday 27th May to highlight the teaching and learning involved in the new EAC HWB frameworks for RSHP – Relationships, SHealth and Parenthood.
These sessions are open to all parents/carers of children from both the ECC and PS, and will outline the learning that your child will be involved with over the coming years.
All preschool pupils at Catrine ECC, and P1-P7 pupils at Catrine PS, will be issued with a letter containing more details over the next few days (see PDFs below).
Monday 27th May – Session 1: 9.00-9.45am, Session 2: 2.15-3.00pm and Session 3: 6.30-7.15pm in the primary school.
We hope you are able to join us at one of these information sessions. Please note that these sessions are for parents/carers only – no pupils should attend.
RSHP letter EL
RSHP letter FL
RSHP letter SL
Please note the Primary school is NOT closed on Thursday 23 May for the Euro Elections.
Your child has been issued with a Rag-Bag today and must be returned to the school by Wednesday 15 May for collection on Thursday 16 May at 9.00 a.m.
The Rag-Bag recycling scheme has been developed to raise awareness of Textile Recycling. By participating you are helping the environment and helping local authorities to meet recycling targets as well as raising funds for the school.
- wearable clothing, paired shoes, handbags, belts.
Please read the information bag for items that are not acceptable.
Thank you for your continued support and helping raise money for school funds.
Our next Outdoor Learning day will be on Wednesday 15 May. Please click on the link below for further information:
outdoor learning 15.5.19
Hopscotch Theatre will be performing “2016 CyberBuddy” to the whole school tomorrow. The cost of the performance will be paid by school funds.
Our caterpillars are being well looked after each day and already we are seeing changes. Stripy has successfully made his chrysalis which shows it is at the stage between larva and adult. Meanwhile Taylor is still hungry and hard at work finding a comfy position to start his changes.