The roles and responsibilities of subject staff with respect to support for learning include:
- To be fully aware of whole school and departmental policies on Support for Learning.
- To employ a variety of appropriate methodologies/resources/teaching strategies to maximise the potential for learning of all pupils.
- To liase with Support for Learning staff in order to maximise the potential of all pupils (e.g. reviewing and adapting courses and materials, dealing with specific problems of individual pupils).
- To use all information given on pupils in order to maximise learning (e.g. from Support for Learning, Guidance, Primary schools).
- To assess and report of pupils’ progress, including I.E.P.s.
- To liase with other department members and Guidance staff when necessary.