The roles and responsibilities of Subject Principal Teachers with respect to Support for Learning include:
- To disseminate all information to their department regarding pupils with learning needs. This includes supply staff.
- To lead the department in developing appropriate cirricular experiences and challenges for all pupils.
- To liase with Support for Learning department in developing appropriate curriculum.
- To manage the administration of I.E.P.s within the department, including special assessment arrangements.
- To monitor and evaluate progress made by pupils with learning needs within the department and raise the profile of these children at appropriate meetings of staff.
- To provide progress data to the Head Teacher at the end of year subject review.
- To access in-service training for staff as appropriate.