St Ninian's Chatterbox

Dream, believe, achieve and enjoy!

Devil’s Porridge

On Thursday the 15th of February, my class and I went to the Devil’s Porridge Museum in Gretna. I really enjoyed it and hope to go again. The museum is all about WW1 and WW2, it has real (and replicas) of some helmets, guns, clothes and gas masks.

My favourite part of this trip was handling all of the treasures, but I also liked answering the quiz at the end. We learned all about living in the time of the war and how the Cordite was made and put into bullets and bombs. We learned about how the girls that made the cordite lived and what they do in their spare time.

We all enjoyed dressing up and listening to the stories that are on the tablets and touch screens. At the end we visited the Sir James train outside of the museum and got a photo outside of it. We all got a small pin badge to show we have visited and took part in all activities.

This was definitely one of the best trips I’ve been on and enjoyed it very much!

By Bethany Campbell from P7.