St Ninian's Chatterbox

Dream, believe, achieve and enjoy!

Devil’s Porridge

On Thursday 15th of February 2018, I went to Devil’s Porridge with my class, It was about WW1 it was an amazing trip, we got to hold things from WW1 such as British Helmets, German Helmets and guns. We even got to look at a sword that was awesome! I was in Mrs Anderson’s group, she was an amazing leader, we also got to look at how women handled while men were away. The Irish Navvies built a factory because British Army were running out of bombs and fuel for the bombs, Over 10,000 women got into the factory.

The women had an amazing life there and they got to do what they couldn’t do before. They had a very good pay check. They also had their own spot were nobody else was aloud in that was their room.

My favourite part was when Jasmine was in the kitchen she was thinking it was her own kitchen! I couldn’t stop laughing.

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog about WW1.

By Kendra P7…