- Please bring bags to school next Friday, 8th March.
- Please recycle any brand of crisp bags at home or bring them in to school. (Not acceptable: popcorn bags, crisp tubes, pretzel bags, meat snack bags)They can be placed in a stamped envelope addressed to “Guide Dogs, Warwick New Road, Leamington Spa. CV 32 6AH”.
- Please recycle bottle tops at home or bring them in to school. They can be placed in an envelope addressed to “Freepost, Lush Green Hub”. The lids are melted down and can be made into wall cladding, furniture, beehives and play equipment.
- Photos to follow!
We have some new Parliament groups at Elmvale. We are in mixed groups (P1 – P7) and we discuss ways to make Elmvale the best it can be. Take a look at our groups (all descriptions written by our pupils).
- Eco Warriors: They try and keep everything outside tidy and eco-friendly. The Eco Warriors play a big part in getting Elmvale a Green Flag and they push environmentally friendly habits onto the school! The group also take part in litter picking every day.
- Greenfingers: The Greenfingers group like gardening, sorting weeds and helping flowers.
- Blog: The Blog group organizes parts of the Blog with help from Mrs Carter. We also help others if they are stuck using the Blog. We add and update the Blog every time we meet.
- Healthy Lifestyles: The Healthy Lifestyles group eat healthily and they encourage other people to eat healthy. They make sure people don’t throw a full piece of fruit in the bin. The group learn about the importance of exercise, sleep and drinking plenty of water.
- RASH (Road and Safety Heroes): The RASH group make sure you stay safe when walking near vehicles while you still have fun! They recently organised Pedal for Pancakes which we all enjoyed!
- Playground Friends: The Playground Friends group are trying to help people get on better in the playground and organize games/activities.
- Elmvale Yearbook: The Elmvale Yearbook group picks up information from each group and type it on their Promethean Board. They print reports at each meeting about what other Parliament groups are doing. They will make a Yearbook at the end of the year!
- Tidy Team: They tidy up displays around the school, tidy books and make sure the school is tidy.