Monthly Archives: January 2020

Tidying our Shelter

Last Friday, some pupils gave up their time after school to help Mrs Davies clean out our shelter. After all  the flooding last year all the mud came in and it got extremely grubby. We are very pleased with it and we can’t wait till the walls are getting pressure washed to make it look even better.

Thank you to Mrs Davies, Janet, Donna, Vicky, Sarah, Isla, Zara, Erica, Pippa and one of our  P1s after the summer Anna.

New Year Activities

In Digital Literacy, we have been learning to make a maze game using 2Simple. Some people made their game about Pac-Man. The games looked amazing and it was very fun to make them!

Every Monday until the Easter holidays Emily Smith who is a part of Feis Rois visits us at Hottsbridge. She is teaching us to sing Gaelic songs with actions. We are starting to learn to play instruments that go along with the Wheel of Fortune.

On Thursdays we go to Eaglesfield to try and master classes in playground leaders, glass art, mindfulness, Fairtrade, and blogging. Also, we have P.E (gymnastics) – it is so much fun!

Martha

23/01/2020

The left part is the P1-3 class and the back of it is P4-7! Next to the P1-3 class is Mr Horn and Mrs Horn, Mr Horn used to part time teach all of us! Behind their garden is our playground with a shed full of toys for us. For lunch time we go in a porta-kabin (which is also in the playground) to eat in.

by Evie&Martha:)

Happy New Year!

A warm welcome back to pupils – and what a lovely short week it has been. It was fantastic to hear all of the wonderful things everyone has been up to during the break – I’m sure it’s also nice to get back into a routine!

Easing gently back into our class routines and learning, the pupils have focused their skills in developing numeracy, spelling and topic work.

Next week we have exciting editions to the class timetable such as Feis Rois and masterclasses. I’m sure the pupils will be eager to share on the blog! 😊

Girl Guide Law

On Monday night we made Guide balls for our Christmas  trees.

This is  the girl Guides  law:

I  promise that I will do my best, to be true to  myself and develop my beliefs. To serve the queen and my community, and to keep the girl Guide law

2019 karate grading

It’s a little late but in the Christmas holidays we did our karate grading.

We all passed the grading, not all the marks we wanted but we’re not perfect. Max got a green belt, Hari and Jake got a yellow belt. Jaya got a red belt. It was really intense!

We had a lesson before the actual grading. It was 1 hour!  We were already sweating!

Here’s a picture of our belts.

By Hari and Max

Arawaza Karate Belt Yellow. Karate belt. Online store. Martial arts.BlitzBlitz Plain Coloured Belt