Monthly Archives: October 2019

Autumn Walk

As part of our, “Sun, Moon and Earth” topic we have learned that the tilt of the Earth causes the seasons so we went on a walk to see signs of the changing seasons. The children had requested that we go to the Bluebell Woods sometime but because it is autumn we didn’t find any Bluebells! We did find lots of signs of autumn though, plus a few  summer flowers  and we picked apples from the school apple tree on the way back. We also tried measuring the fatness of trees with people’s arms!

Show Day!!

On Saturday the 21st of September, I woke up at 6am to get ready for my big day! I got 3 rosettes on my fabulous pony Flora (two 3rds and one 4th.) I got one 3rd for best turned out pony and jockey. I also got a fourth and that was for a little show in front of the judge. I also I got a 3rd and that was for jumping 9 jumps in front of the judge.

By Erica Lane

More Maths Week Fun!

As part of our “Earth, Moon and Sun” topic we have been learning about time. We have looked at years, seasons, months, days and telling the time using digital and analogue clocks. This week we made a giant clock in the playground and used it to help tell the time. P3 pupils are learning to tell the time in five minute intervals (both minutes past and minutes to) so were jumping around the numbers counting in fives.

Continue reading

Stem Ambassador Visit

“Rebecca the Stem Ambassador came into Hottsbridge Primary to work with each class. She was very good at explaining the water cycle to everyone and helping us to filter our own dirty water. In the dirty water there was: half a cup of tap water, a spoonful of vegetable oil and three spoonfuls of cocoa powder. We mixed the ingredients until it was nice and dirty looking! After, we were able to see how water can be filtered through the rocks in the ground using sand. It was lots of fun.”