Update – 31st March 2020

I would like to take this opportunity to thank pupils, parents and staff for your support and dedication since we started ‘lock down’.

Thank you to our parents and carers

You are doing a great job in accessing learning activities from home.  I can see that you are working together and it has been lovely to see the photos shared via class Facebook pages and GLOW emails.

I understand how challenging it can be to support your own child(ren) whilst also working from home yourself.

Please remember that we are all adjusting to things so please do not put too much pressure on yourselves!

Thank you to our learners

Boys and girls, I think you are AMAZING!!  You are trying so hard with the activities.  Remember that it is important to talk to each other too.  You can video call each other via Microsoft Teams.  I would love to hear from you!!

Thank you to our staff team

Every week our staff team are working hard to create and upload weekly learning grids to Class Facebook pages and to GLOW groups.  This is a new way of working and I am so thankful that you have risen to the challenge.  Also, thank you for helping with the daily Critical Child care for Key Workers hosted in the HUB at Castle Douglas Primary School from 7am – 8pm.

Thank you to EVERYONE!

We really appreciate everyone following the ‘lock down’ rules,  socially distancing and therefore helping to  stop the spread of COVID-19.

Easter Holidays – Monday 6th April – Friday 17th April

Teachers will not be preparing weekly learning grids over the holiday period but there are many links to useful websites available on the Partnership Schools website.

If required, you can contact me at the Castle Douglas Primary School HUB during the holidays.  Please use my mobile number: 07741 686730.

Free School Meal Support – Dumfries and Galloway Council

Due to the ever-changing circumstances of COVID19 D&G Council will make sure that a food pack is available to all children and young people who meet the criteria for free school meals. This does not include all children in P1-P3 who would normally receive a free meal, only those who meet the entitlement criteria. More information  and registration for this service is on the Council Website – https://www.dumgal.gov.uk/CV19schoolmeals

Pupils from our school who are entitled to free school meals can collect meals from Castle Douglas Primary School from 12.30pm – 2pm.  If you wish to collect a meal then please order using the link below:
Yesterday, I emailed parents/ carers of children who fall into this category to offer a ‘meals on wheels’ service.  I am currently collating a list of those who would like to utilise this service and a list of volunteers who would be willing to distribute the packed lunches to pupils.  I will get back to individuals as soon as I am able to organise this.  
I am missing you all and send you my very best wishes.  Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you wish.
Best wishes,
Mary E Lidstone-Scott
Headteacher