Castle Douglas Primary and Early Learning and Childcare Centre

This is my school and I love it here!

Sports – Postponed

Dear Parents and Pupils
School Sports
Unfortunately it looks as though the weather is working against us this week. The overnight forecast is for rain and then overcast which means the sports field will be wet and slippy and not safe or pleasant to use. I have therefore taken the decision to postpone the Sports and hope that this will not cause too much inconvenience. Lunches will be as normal tomorrow i.e. a hot meal can be ordered in the morning.
Due to other school commitments and an unsettled forecast for the rest of this week we will try again next Tuesday afternoon (20th June) starting at 12:30pm. I appreciate that many parents like to come along to the Sports and may need to take time off work and hope that this will give you time to rearrange.
We will have a picnic lunch at 11:30am in the lower playground area. Pupils are asked to bring a packed lunch or a school meal packed lunch can be ordered using the reply slip coming home today by pupil post. Parents are welcome to join us. The Sports will start at 12:30pm so we can finish by 3pm.
Thank you for your understanding.
D Tyson
Headteacher