Castle Douglas Primary and Early Learning and Childcare Centre

This is my school and I love it here!

Weekly News – December 16th

It’s been a really busy Christmas themed week!

img_3127

Primary 1

P1 have loved playing in our Santa’s Workshop. We have built toys for Santa, wrapped presents, written labels for parcels and written letters and posted them in the post box to The North Pole.

Eli R said ” I like building toys with Lego”.

Milly said ” It’s a hard job being Mrs.Claus”

img_3106 img_3105

Primary 1/2

We have had a very busy week with our Christmas show. We hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did!

We have been exploring toys in the past and thinking about what our parents and grandparents might have played with! Everyone in P1/2 would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

img_3112

Primary 2a

P2a had a great time performing in their concert.

Alexander said “I thought it was great”.

Murray said, ” I thought the turkey dance was excellent”.

Anna liked the turkey dance because she thought it was funny. Isla said ” I liked the loud parts of the poem” Freya said, “I liked how we all joined in together” and Shea said, “I liked the dance because everyone joined in and we were all laughing.”

img_3122 img_3118

Primary 2b

We have been learning about symmetry in Maths this week. We have been looking at and learning about nocturnal animals. Elliot the Elf has been up to mischief all week! We all really enjoyed our concert performances and hope you all did too.

img_3124

Primary 3a

On Monday P3 had their Christmas party where we danced and played games and even had enough time to stop for some ice cream. Hayden said, “The games were great fun”. Douglas said he really enjoyed the dancing. This week the class also worked in groups to research a nocturnal animal and presented what we found to the rest of the class. On Thursday the class went to the Church Service and then came back to school to enjoy our Christmas lunch. Ruby and Hanna both said the food was yummy!

img_3130

Very best wishes from everyone in the school to Miss Anderson (P3a Teacher) who is getting married tomorrow. We’re looking forward to saying hello to Mrs Boardman on Monday!

Primary 3b

We had our Christmas Party on Monday.  We are working on symmetry in maths.  On Wednesday morning we performed in our first concert.  We did our second performance in the evening and our last performance is on Friday afternoon.  On Thursday we went to Church for our Christmas Service Jessica and Holly were mice in the stable.  We enjoyed our Christmas lunch when we came back from Church.  We made folded paper snowmen in Art.  Next Wednesday we can bring a game to play in the afternoon.  Erin is going to be a flowergirl at Miss Anderson’s wedding.

img_3128

img_2054 img_2031 img_2032 img_2045

Primary 4

We have been learning lots about electricity this week and had fun creating our own battery circuits and Christmas decorations involving lightbulbs. We also created some lovely Christmas lights artwork.

Primary 4/5

Abbey S explained,” We have been doing speed mental maths”. Meghan said, “We had to do the sums quickly and beat our time”. Rosie mentioned, “I’ve been trying my best to finish my speed test quickly” and Noah stated,  “I’ve learned more about fractions of number”. Well done to Jake who was chosen as pupil of the week and also to Noah O who played Joseph in the nativity.

Primary 5/6

Everyone has been making good progress with their class novel, The Midnight Gang. They are becoming faster with the 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 times table and this will help them with their work on division. The class has also been writing reports on their visit to Loch Trool and have put pictures on the school website for everyone to see.

On Wednesday the class walked to the church to see the Xmas Tree Festival. Well done to Craig who played ‘We Three Kings’ on the piano for the class.

img_3028 img_2969 img_2992

Primary 6 

On Wednesday we had our Christmas party.  On Thursday we made melted snowmen with Miss Stoddart.  We have learned some French Christmas vocabulary.  We had our Church Service on Thursday.  Cormac and Marisa were part of the Nativity.  We enjoyed Christmas dinner.  Katie completed her project in Stitch Club.  Chloe can land a handspring in Gymnastics.  Last PE session on Monday then kit home.

Primary 7 

This week P7 pupils had their last Magic Musix Maker session.  Over the weeks the children have created their own music, which was fantastic – Calvin Harris should be worried!!

We have also been adding to our Art Gallery display – giving feedback on pieces of art that we like.

Well done Naomi for coming first in her Karate competition.  Well done to Danny, Ryan and Andrew for playing well in their Rugby tournament.  A reminder that the P7 Christmas Party is on Monday.  Pupils need to bring the slip to say how they’re getting home.

Reminders for Next Week

P1 and P1/2 Christmas Party is on Tuesday afternoon. Please wear party clothes.

P2a and P2b Our party is on Monday afternoon.

P4 and P4/5 Party is on Wednesday afternoon.

img_3053 img_3059 img_3082 img_3087 img_3092 img_3097