Primary 2/3

Ask me about…

12/3/18

We’ve had such a busy week! Here are a few snaps of what we’ve been up to! Can I explain what’s going on in the pictures? We are looking for lots of things for our ‘Loose Parts Play’-the last few photos will give you a clue what type of things we are looking for…Thank you!

****************************************************************************************************

Ask me about…

21/2/18

We went to the harbour for our daily mile this week. Can I tell you what I saw there?

We made muddy footprints and designed our own trails. Can I tell you about my trail?

Ask me about…

7/2/18

Snowy Day!

We enjoyed playing in the snow on Tuesday. It was so much fun!

We have been learning about describing words. Can you guess how we described our Nessie monsters? We have been working on the ea/ee/e_e sound this week. Can I tell you some words with these sounds?

Ask me about…

31/1/18

We were making go carts. Have you ever seen one? Emma & Thom

Can you guess what we are doing? Dylan

***************************************************************************************************

Ask  me  about…

24/1/18

We were doing a  blindfold challenge in our teams. Michael and Euan.

Can you guess how we got the person to the right spot?

We learned about clocks. Max and Grant.

In our classroom we have lots of clocks set to different times. Can you guess why?

We have been  working hard to get stamps for our team. Can you guess how we earn them? Erin and Ellie

Meet our new friends, Maple and Timbit. They are from Canada! They want us to find out why they might be called Timbit and Maple…Can you have a guess and let us know your answers on Monday?

Ask me about…

17/1/18

We have been learning how to build  a den. Do you like them? Ben  Brody.

We were making number stories with bamboo. Can we tell you about the number 14? It is even. 7 +7 =14

by Orla and Kacey

We have been doing the daily mile a round Annan. We  made videos. Jacob.

Can I tell you what I saw on the way?

Ask Me About…

Week beginning 4/12/17

This week we had another lovely fire outside to keep us warm. Please can you bring in any little sticks you find on walks/outings so we have dry ones to stock up our fire? We made Christmas trees with leaves we found in the garden. We had to think hard about the order we put them onto our sticks. Can you think why?

We have been learning all about different faith groups that celebrate with festivals of light. Can I name them for you? This week we began to look at Christianity and Christmas. Can I tell you all about the Christingle I made?

We have been working hard on our number stories, in particular 11, 12 & 13. Can I tell you the ‘easy facts’ that I don’t need to learn? (E.g. Lazy 0, buy 1 get 1 free…)

Ask Me About…

Week Beginning 13/11/17

Brrr, it was very cold this week in Outdoor Learning-don’t forget to wrap up warmly every week. Wellies can be quite cold so remember to bring extra socks!

We successfully managed to light a fire! Can I tell you how we kept the fire lit for the afternoon?

We have been learning about different religions that celebrate with festivals of light. This week we looked at the different symbols to do with Diwali. Dylan even made an oil lamp at home and brought it in for everyone to see. We practised our Rangoli patterns outside using chalk. Can I tell you what they are?

We have written letters to the Hecklegirth Fundraisers asking for some equipment for the garden. We worked in teams to decide where we would put a shed. Can I tell you were we want to put it and why?

The Big Dress Up!

The winning team is…The Super Stars!

_________________________________________________________________________

Ask Me About…

Week beginning 6/11/17

This week we were talking about Autumn. Mrs. Bell read us a lovely story outside. Can I tell you about the pictures we made? We also collected autumnal objects and made Autumn bracelets. Can you guess what I put on?

Our focus this week is ‘Being confident!’ Can I tell you what a confident individual looks like?

The Big Dress Up!

The winning team this week is…The Brain Boxes! Well done for working so well together to make a great scene for your Mr. Potato Head!

We order our lunches in French each day and this term we are going to try to say ‘I would like…’ (Je voudrais) before our food order. Some people are trying to win lots of points by saying the whole thing in French! Our French teddy, Camembert is very impressed!

Ask me about

Week beginning 30/10/17

Welcome back to Term 2! We will be back to Outdoor Learning as usual next Monday. Please remember to come dressed ready to go outside for the day & don’t forget your comic/book/magazine!

Our new topic is ‘Festivals of Light’ so we started the term off well talking about Halloween and Guy Fawkes. Can I tell you some of the brilliant words I came up with to describe what I can see, hear, taste, smell and touch at a bonfire night?

The Big Dress Up!

This term we will be earning parts of Mr. Potato Head. As a team we will design a movie set and the winning team gets to film a short movie clip…watch out for our big movie premiere in January!

Ask me about…

Week beginning 2/10/17

This week the Friendly Dragon asked us to help him make a new Spell book. Can I tell you what we did to help him?

We decided to make some magic wands using a mixture of things from nature and man-made things. Can I tell you what I turned my partner into using my wand?

Our spelling words were some of the days of the week this week so we have been doing lots of things to help us remember how to spell them. We were looking at different ways in which we can tell that time is passing too. Can I tell you some of my ideas?

Big Build!

Well done Yellow Castle for winning the big build this week!

On Monday we will be building a fire (if it’s not too wet!) so please could you bring in some small sticks to help it get started? Thank you!

Ask me about…

Week beginning 25/9/17

Our French bear, ‘Camembert’ has been helping us order our lunches this week. Can I tell you my favourite thing to eat (in French?!)

Our Friendly Dragon really enjoyed the stories we wrote for him last week. This week he wanted us to write him a poem. Well done everyone for trying so hard! Our star writers are…

Can we tell you what we were remembering to put in our poems to make them interesting?

Next week we are having a ‘no pens day’ and so we thought it would be a perfect opportunity to get building some castles! Please can you send any cardboard boxes or junk that you aren’t needing our way (from Monday)?

We will also be looking at fire safety with Outdoor Learning and will need lots of little sticks to help us start the fire. (About the size of a finger.) Please can you send those in too?

Thank you!

Ask me about…

Week beginning 18/9/17

We appear to have had some Royals visiting us this week! Good job Niamh was on hand with her phone to snap a photo…Can you guess what spelling sounds we were learning/revising?

In numeracy we were learning about how a number is made up and had lots of fun outside working with the 100 square. There should be a copy of a 100 square in your reading folder to help you think of different questions…

We were working hard as a team to build our own dens. Some teams came up with great ideas to personalise their shelters. Can I tell you what I used to make it more comfortable?

The Big Build!

The winning team is…The Green Castle! Well done for winning AGAIN!!

_______________________________________________________________

Ask me about…

Week beginning 11/9/17

Each week we join the P2/1s for a joint fitness session. Here are some of the things we get up to! Can I tell you my favourite skill that I am developing?

We enjoyed coming up with names for the different areas in our ‘Kingdom’. Next week we’re hoping to put some of our signs up. Can you think of any more names we could use? We have, Toadstool Valley, The Dungeon and The Enchanted Forest so far…

We were also thinking about the mazes they might have had in the castle grounds. Don’t they look amazing?!

The winning team for our ‘Big Build’ was…

The Blue Castle-well done guys!

_________________________________________________________________

Ask me about…

Week beginning 4/9/17

Every day we have a think about something that could help us change our way of thinking (Growth Mindset). This week our focus was ‘Never give up, believe in yourself!’ Can I tell you some things I think I can do to help me ‘believe in myself’?

*************

In our Knight School this week we were playing games, designing shields and building castles/shelters. Can I tell you what things I might need to consider when building a shelter?

This week we were revising counting i

n tens outside…

***********************************

*************

The Big Build!

Our winning team this week was….The Orange Castle!

Well done guys! You worked well as a team!

____________________________________________________________________

Ask me about…

Week beginning 28/8/17

This week we have been busy making ‘Lost!’ posters because we are trying to help find our dragon some friends. If you spot any flying about please let us know! We started off by finishing these sentences to help us with our posters…

Outdoor learning was very successful on Monday. We really enjoyed read

ing the books and magazines we brought to school all around the garden. Can you guess what we were doing with the paint pots, chalk and stones?

The Big Build!

The winners this week are…the Red Castle! Well done for earning so much Lego and working well as a team to build your castle!

________________________________________________

_________

Ask me about…

Week beginning 21/8/17

We have enjoyed a fun first week getting to know each other and the class rules and routines. Can I tell you some of the rules we came up with to keep us happy, safe and enjoying our learning?

*********

This week we have been talking about castles. Have you visited any castles? Next week we will be looking at stories and films which have castles in them. Can you have a think of some toge

ther to tell the class?

*********

We met some new characters for our new SAMSON Mastery of Maths. Can I tell you their names and what they do?

Here is a wee refresher of some of the strategies we will be using in class to help us speed up our mental maths!

Big guy (SAMSON & Tiny Tim)

(Put the bigger number in your head then count on.)    3 + 6    

Lazy Zero…

does absolutely nothing!

6 + 0= 6

Best friends 10

7 + 3           8 + 2

When you add 1…

it’s just the next number!

6 + 1     8 + 1      3 + 1

Double/Near Double

4+4     3+3     3+4     5+4

Buy 1, Get 1 free

4+ 2     2+4

Don’t forget to come in your outdoor learning clothes on Monday and bring a spare change of clothes in a bag!

AIM High