Real hands-on learning

The day of our visit finally arrived… and the sun shone!

We saw vegetables growing and listened to Rosemary telling us all about them.

We watched Rosemary unwrap the sweetcorn and found it hidden under many layers. It looked different from the sweetcorn we used in our salads.

It was very warm in the polytunnel. We saw peppers, chilis and tomatoes growing. We learned that tomatoes change colour from green to yellow or orange to red.

Rosemary showed us the trailer she uses to transport her sheep. We must be bigger than sheep as 22 children fitted in easily, yet Rosemary can only fit 15 sheep in there.

We know the difference between hay and straw too.

It was quite a muddy journey to find the sheep! It was worth it to feel how soft they are and to feed them. We had to be quiet though!

2 thoughts on “Real hands-on learning”

1. Hey Mrs Taylor thank you so much for letting us go to the farm !!!!!!! I’m very exited to learn about celebrations your very kind your a fablous person I’m glad to have u as my teacher I think this term is going to be good thank you !!!!!! 😁😁

2. I am so glad you enjoyed this visit. It’s great when we have opportunities to explore outside the classroom 0r invite visitors in. Term 2 is going to be very busy and we will try lots of different activities to support our learning.