Primary 1 – Just a quick update and thanks…

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. As we begin our 5th week of learning and working from home, I firstly send you all love and hope you are doing well in this new reality we find ourselves in.

Remember, I post learning and related tasks daily but am in no way assuming everyone can do everything all of the time.  Believe me I know how much of a juggling act we all find ourselves in so just do what you can when you can.  Don’t beat yourself up and know you are doing enough!  Our number one priority currently is ensuring all in our homes are happy, healthy and safe and well!

I hope over the last few weeks of adapting to this great change, you are beginning to feel a little more comfortable and confident with the home learning routines and tasks.  I have tried to make this as painless as possible and have slowly been building up and introducing a routine of familiar learning tasks following a pattern across the course of a week.  Now that you have around 20 days of being a terrific teacher under your belts, I thought I would send out a sort of mini timetable showing how this routine has and will look as we move forward.  This is not set in stone and if something arises that I think the children need and will enjoy then I will continue to adapt it to meet our needs.  I am trying to target key areas of the children’s learning whilst ensuring you can keep a balance of your many duties at home.

Again, I stress nothing is compulsory. This is just for information and to let you see where in the week things repeat so as you don’t worry about days when no learning from school is possible.  Remember, our children are learning all of the time anyway in the daily experiences we are giving them.  As our time at home extends forth, I have added in a resource called ‘Talk 4 Writing’ to give some additional variety now that you are all RWI experts! This resources is extremely flexible and created with parents in mind so I hope you enjoy dipping in and out of it.

Finally, as always, I am always here to answer any questions, queries, concerns or just for a chat if anyone needs it.  Just email me or post me a message on the blog.  Lots of love

Miss Thompson x

P.S – Today’s learning post to follow.

Day Literacy Numeracy/Mathematics Other task
Monday RWI plan Numeracy Flexible to suit changing focus
Tuesday Talk 4 Writing Unit over 2 wks Mathematics Flexible to suit changing focus
Wednesday Day’s learning themed where possible to ‘JoJo Gnome Podcast’ or ‘Helicopter Story Approach’.
Thursday RWI plan Mathematics Flexible to suit changing focus
Friday Talk 4 Writing Unit over 2 wks Numeracy – problem solving Flexible to suit changing focus – OUTDOORS