A message from Mary O’Connor, Dundee’s National Parent Forum of Scotland (NPFS) Representative

I thought I should take a few minutes and introduce myself. I am Mary and I am the Dundee representative on the NPFS. I have been the rep now for the last four years (it may be more!) I have four kids; the youngest is still at nursery with the oldest just starting his senior journey in S1.

The forum has members from across all Local Authorities in Scotland and we meet four/five times a year alternating between Edinburgh and Glasgow. The website for the forum can be found here – www.npfs.org.uk. The twitter account is @parentforumscot and there is a Facebook page as well. I can be reached on dundee@npfs.org.uk and on Twitter @NPFSDundeeRep.

The forum meets to discuss all the developments in Scottish Education and John Swinney MSP is a regular attendee. We have representatives on lots of national groups and also provide parental feedback on a range of issues.

As ever, communication is the key to reach parents and I will from time to time be asking for feedback on areas to allow me to feed them into the discussions that we have as a group. If you have any questions on any of the areas highlighted by the forum then do not hesitate to contact me and I will feed any concerns into the office team.