S6 – Advanced Higher & Portfolio 

Click here to return to the main menu.

See the tasks submission dates on Show My Homework   

However, all work will be posted on Teams  under the ‘Assignment’ tab. This should also show up on your ‘Posts’ page where if you click on it it will take you into the Assignment – please make sure you read the tasks properly and thoroughly so you know what you should be doing. 

Advanced Higher 

E-Portfolio Preparation:

Advanced Highers and Portfolio pupils – Your main focus will be initially preparing E-portfolios for University submissions in the coming weeks. There will be an arranged Teams’ Live’ lesson where your teacher will go over the information to support you in this. There will be PowerPoints with guidance posted on your ‘Assignments’ tab on Teams. Please ensure you work through this.

Contextual Analysis Essay: 

You will also be given feedback shortly on your second draft of your Contextual essay. You will then work towards your final submission of this essay – the due date will be reviewed and you will be notified during a Teams’ Live’ class.

Portfolio:

You should all be continuing with your portfolio work to complement your E-folio submissions.

There will be various tasks posted on your Teams ‘Assignment’ page which you can work through to support your folio of work. Again, there will be a ‘Live’ Teams meeting organised as a class for you to join during class time for the teacher to go over this information with you.

REMINDER:

What if I have a question – how do I contact my teacher?

If you have any questions, please put this up onto your class Teams by going onto the ‘Posts’ tab to type a question for your teacher.

When should I do this work?

You are expected as best as possible to time manage your work, you should mirror your school timetable which means a teacher will be available for you at the same time as you would have the class when in school e.g. P1 – 08:45-09:20am

*Remember the tasks set are based on the amount of time you would have Art and Design – we see you SIX periods a week for 40/50mins which is contact time with Mrs Mikkelsen. Then you have a further SIX periods a week to continue with your portfolio, please keep up your pace and momentum. 

What do I do when I have completed my work?

Once tasks are complete, you should upload them via the Assignment task on Teams to submit to your class teacher – just the same as handing work in when in class.

Staff Email for pupil use only if needing to contact teacher: 

Mrs. Mikkelsen: ddsmikkelsen911@glow.sch.uk

Mr. Henderson: ddshenderson535@@glow.sch.uk

Miss. Speedie: ddaspeedie875@@glow.sch.uk

Miss. Doyle: ddsdoyle494@@glow.sch.uk