S5/6: N5 & Higher Art & Design

Click here to return to the main menu.

Please see the tasks submission dates on Show My Homework   

However, all work will be posted on Teams  under the ‘Assignment’ tab. This should also show up on your ‘Posts’ page where if you click on it it will take you into the Assignment – please make sure you read the tasks properly and thoroughly so you know what you should be doing.

S5/6 – your work will still balance between the three components of the course; Expressive folio, Design folio and Critical. 

What will I be doing for my Expressive unit?

Firstly, anyone completing compositions at home for your development work, please aim to have finished asap. Once you have done this please take a photograph to submit to your class teacher.

Secondly: You will complete an evaluation of expressive unit to support your folio of work, remember this is part of your overall unit and is worth 10makrs of your overall portfolio.

What can I do for my Design Unit?

2D Graphic Design: There will be a sequence of tasks where you will focus on how to develop your design ideas to support the development stages when back in school on the computer.

3D Design: There will be links to videos and ideas for 3D development and making posted. Please continue with samples and sketches to support your work. 

Critical Work:

Continue with the revision of mandatory designer notes for mandatory questions.

Practise Questions are available on your Assignments – please wait to be directed by your class teacher on what questions to do and when.

Reminder:

What if I have a question – how do I contact my teacher?

If you have any questions, please put this up onto your class Teams by going onto the ‘Posts’ tab to type a question for your teacher.

When should I do this work?

You are expected as best as possible to time manage your work, you should mirror your school timetable which means a teacher will be available for you at the same time as you would have the class when in school e.g. P1 – 08:45-09:20am

This means that when necessary your class teacher or another teacher from the department may do a ‘Live’ introduction to a lesson, so there is an opportunity for questions and answers. You will be notified and invited to a Teams Meeting when this is going to happen.

*Remember the the tasks set are based on the amount of time you would have Art and Design – we see you SIX periods a week for 40/50mins. This means the work fits into class time matching your school timetable. 

What do I do when I have completed my work?

Once tasks are complete, you should upload them via the Assignment task on Teams to submit to your class teacher – just the same as handing work in when in class.

Staff Email for pupil use only if needing to contact teacher: 

Mrs. Mikkelsen: ddsmikkelsen911@glow.sch.uk

Mr. Henderson: ddshenderson535@@glow.sch.uk

Miss. Speedie: ddaspeedie875@@glow.sch.uk

Miss. Doyle: ddsdoyle494@@glow.sch.uk

PLEASE SEE EXAMPLES OF WORK BY CLICKING ON THE BLUE BAR