Primary 5 “Eat Well” Topic

The Primay 5s have been discussing the food that we eat.

They have been comparing their own diets with the Eatwell Plate, which is the suggested balance of the main food groups for healthy growth and development. The main food groups are

Fruit and vegetables (33%)

Bread, rice, potatoes and pasta (33%)

Milk and dairy foods (15%)

Meat, fish, eggs and beans (12%)

Foods and drinks high in fat and/or sugar (7%)

The children kept a diary of the foods that they ate over a set period of time – including snacks. They then compared what they had eaten with the Eatwell Plate. It is surprising how many unhealthy snacks we eat!

The results were discussed and groups of children made poster promoting healthy food and the reasons for eating more fruit and vegetables.

The Primary 5’s have made a very convincing argument of why we should eat healthily!

35 thoughts on “Primary 5 “Eat Well” Topic”

1. Thanks P5 I will have to rethink my diet and I think the best way is to pinch your idea AND keep a diary!

2. I every time used to read article in news papers but now as I am a user
    of internet therefore from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.

3. I absolutely love your site.. Pleasant colors & theme.
    Did you build this site yourself? Please reply back as
    I’m wanting to create my own personal website and want to know where you got this from or just what the theme is called. Thank you!

4. Woah this blog is great i love studying your posts. Keep up the good work! You already know, many persons are hunting around for this information, you can help them greatly.

5. Pingback:
  6. I have read some just right stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how so much effort you put to make any such wonderful informative website.
    クロエ 財布

7. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.
    iphone 5

8. I think other web-site proprietors should take this site as an model, very clean and fantastic user genial style and design, let alone the content. You are an expert in this topic!
    TUMI 26141 DH alpha

9. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed! Extremely useful information specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such information much. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.
    TUMI アウトレット アメリカ

10. It is truly a great and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you simply shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
    トゥミ 26109

11. Hi my friend! I want to say that this post is awesome, great written and include approximately all significant infos. I would like to look extra posts like this.
    TUMI 26108

12. I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting! Carry on the excellent works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it will improve the value of my web site :).
    トゥミ alpha 26145