Our Gruffalo Party

Thank you for all your comments. We have loved reading them. Please keep putting comments on our blog as we will be looking at it every week.
What a Gruffalo week we have had!
On Monday our homework was making a Gruffalo mask.
In school we have played in the Gruffalo’s Kitchen, games on the internet from www.grufflo.com, listened to the story in the reading corner with our MP3 players and played with the Gruffalo puppets at the puppet theatre.

We made invitations to give to each other for the party.

We also made menus for our party food.  

Our Gruffalo Menu

By Wednesday afternoon we were SO excited!
We played party games in the nursery garden. We played Gruffalo Corners, Catch the tail of the fox and Gruffalo tig. If we were caught by the Gruffalo then we had to change into a tree in the forest.
Then we went into the class for the party food.
Purple Prickle Juice (blackcurrant juice), Poisonous Warts (green grapes), Roasted Fox (carrot sticks), Owl Ice Cream (vanilla ice cream with chocolate drops), Scrambled Snake (popcorn) and Gruffalo Cake.  

Roasted Fox

Poisonous Warts

Purple Prickle Juice

Scrambled Snake

We all helped to decorate the Gruffalo Cake with chocolate butter icing and lots of yummy ingredients to make it look like the Gruffalo.  

Next week we are going to play pin the poisonous wart on the Gruffalo and we are going to read the story of the Gruffalo’s Child.

10 thoughts on “Our Gruffalo Party”

1. Hi all you little Gruffalo’s.

What a busy and fun packed week you all had. I am so jealsous I missed most of it, stuck in my office but I am really pleased I was allowed to help some children when they were decorating the cakes. What super teamwork! They looked amazing when they were finished. I am really sorry I ‘gatecrashed’ your party but it just sounded like so much fun I couldn’t stay away but it was lovely of you to let me stay for a while and even taste some of the delicious food. The roasted foxes were my favourite.

I am so proud of you all (and the adults too!!!) and I can’t wait to see what you have planned next. Keep up the hard work.

From Miss George

2. Your Gruffalo cake looks amazing and your party food looks very tasty. You are so lucky to be doing such interesting things while you are learning. I am looking forward to seeing what you are doing next.

3. My daughter Loved the Gruffalo party and enjoyed eating the party food! Can’t blame her, the cake looks delicious!!
    Thank you Mrs Mackay for all of your hard work, Yomna loves her class.

4. I loved your Gruffalo party and the Gruffalo cakes looked wonderful!! Everyone had a lovely time and I was glad I was allowed to come along and see you all having such a wonderful afternoon . My favourite food was the owl ice cream. It was really delicious! The poisonous warts were quite good too and I’m glad to say I didn’t get sick from the poison!!
    I really hope I get invited to your next party!

5. Wow boys and girls! You have been so busy!
    I can see that you have learned a lot of things, you clever cookies!
    I hope you are all enjoying your time in Primary 1 and that you are being good to my friends Miss Davies, Mrs McKay, Mrs Munro and Mrs Connor!!!
    I would also like to thank you all for letting the boys and girls from Primary 2 enjoy your area on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.
    All the best and see you soon during yoga!!!!

6. Gosh what yummy food you all had last Wednesday P1.

If I had known there was roast fox on the menu, then I would have booked a seat!

7. Lee loved the gruffalo party. He said the food was yummy. Talks about it all the time. Look like you all had a great time.
    Keep up the good work, Lee is loving his class. Thanks

8. Chloe has been retelling the gruffalo story to her little brother! it’s the only story she wants read at bedtime now, we all know it by heart!

9. Wow, it looks like a great place you have there. I was looking for some ideas for a Gruffalo party for my little girl, thankyou! What a shame I think you are a bit for away for her to join your school, we are near Manchester.
    I’m off to make fox tails and labels for the food now.

10. Thank you for your comment. We are lucky enough to be on holiday from school now. The Gruffalo was one of the children’s favourite topics. We also had a party to celebrate being at school 100 days. We love parties in P1! Hope you have a great Gruffalo party!