Putting a Story in Order

This week we have been learning to put the three little pigs story in the correct order because if you don’t put a story in the correct order,it doesn’t make sense!

We used a Promethean board flipchart to drag the pictures into the correct order, then we told the story again to make sure we were right.

We also matched some words to the pictures. We found short words and long words. Our last page was magic! There was a magic looking glass that found words hidden in the picture, we found lots of them.

Thinking Skills

This week we watched a YouTube clip of Three Little Pigs.  It was really funny and at the end of the film the wolf got a very hot bottom by falling into a big pot of hot water. We had to use super listening skills and looking skills during the film. You can watch a the film again by clicking on this YouTube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Olo923T2HQ4&feature=youtu.be

Mrs Munro then asked us questi0ns. She showed us a triangle that she called a thinking triangle. The thinking triangle was lots of different colours. We had to use super thinking skills which made our brains work really hard.

Then we had questions to answer. Here are some of the questions and some of our answers.

We said Straw!

Harley – Because it was too strong.

Rabeeah – Because there was glue on it.

Lennon and Nairn – Because it has cement.

We pretended to be the big bad wolf and Mrs Munro pretended to be the little pigs. We had to blow her house down with a great big huff and puff.

Mhairi – the big bad wolf was gonna trick the three little pigs to eat the three little pigs.

Harley – Cos he want to eat the piggies.

Nairn – Cos he thinks to get in the house.

Jamie M – Cos he is in disguise.

Sean – I want a brick house cos I like the bricks.

Lucas – Straw

Sean – the wolf would easily blow down your house.

Lucas – I would run to Sean and Nairn’s house.

Harley – Bricks and stones cos I don’t want my house blown down.

Rayyan – Bricks. Cos the big b ad wolf couldn’t come in my house and get me.

Macy – I would eat him in wolf soup.

Richard – I would like him to die so the three little pigs would be safe.

Rayyan – I want the big bad wolf to drop his phone number on a piece of paper and the pigs to find the phone number and phone his mum and dad to come and get him.

Please leave a comment and let us know what you are telling everyone at home about the three little pigs.