Arduino at Braeview Academy

Arduino at Braeview Academy

Education Scotland have a facility called CPD Consolarium whereby teachers can sign up to the Glow Group and then make a bid online for software and hardware which if successful you can use for loan period, the condition being that you give feedback through a Wiki created for you by Education Scotland.

This past year I have had a loan of Arduino kits which are programmable boards to which you can motors, lights, sensors etc.. and then by plugging the board into your PC using a USB cable you can then write computer programs and upload them to the board. I used the boards with my Advanced Higher pupils and also arranged for Chris Martin from Dundee University who has some experience in this field of physical computing to deliver a workshop to my Higher pupils with his wheeled robots made from Arduino boards.

Rather than repeat the information on the blog the link below takes you to the wiki I am working on.

https://wikis.glowscotland.org.uk/0001398/Consolarium/Other_Technologies/Arduino/@Braeview_Academy%2c_Dundee

I strongly recommend putting in a bid for some kit as Education Scotland has a huge amount available from Nintendos to PS3s. If my bid is successful I hope to try out some other programmable boards that they have made available.