Tag Archives: Featured


ParentClub.Scot is a digital information resource, support hub and online community supported by the Scottish Government. It aims to offer practical advice and support for families across Scotland. The wesbite includes tips and advice on a wide range of subjects, including coping with challenging behaviours.

From 7th November 2020, all physical punishment of a child will be illegal, meaning children in Scotland will have the same protections against assault as adults.

We understand that being a parent or carer is the best job in the work but there will be days when it all feels a bit too much for parents and that it can be difficult to keep calm when kids are acting up.

To help support families manage challenges, especially during the COVID, Parent Club Scotland have started a Positive Parenting Campaign which provides tips on coping with being a parent and keeping calm with children to help build relationships.

For further information, please visit: www.parentclub.scot/topics/coronavirus/coping-with-parenting

WoW – Scotland Walk of Fame, week beginning 28th Sept


At Sunnyside, We seek to promote sustainable, healthy travel choices for all our learners. Because of this we take part in Living Streets – a national initiative to encourage greener modes of travel amongst all learners.

Walking to school has many health benefits, and encourages greater discussion between parents/ carers and children on their journey to and from Sunnyside.

As well as health benefits, it keeps our pupils safer by cutting down on the amount of road traffic, and pollution,  around school.

As you may be aware, due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have asked all pupils and families to consider greener modes of travel as this encourages social distancing and can help to lessen the risks posed by prolonged time in close contact – i.e. cars/taxis.

We thank you for your support and look forward to seeing Sunnyside on the leaderboard again!

Active Clacks Survey

Our colleagues at Active Clacks would like to hear from you, in order to develop activities in your local area. There are 2 very short (>5 mins) surveys to complete:

Children and Young People’s Sport and Physical Activity Survey – aimed at children and young people in nursery, primary school and secondary school.

Link: https://clackmannanshire.citizenspace.com/education/sport-and-physical-activity

Adult Sport and Physical Activity Survey – aimed at those 16 years old (no longer attending school) and over.

Link: https://clackmannanshire.citizenspace.com/education/adult-sport-and-physical-activity


Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

P1-P7 – Return of pupils to school information (06/08/20)

Dear Parents/Carers,

Please click the links below for information on the full time return of pupils to Sunnyside Primary School. We have also attached a social story that you may wish to share with your child, in order to help them prepare for the return and understand what to expect.

This was originally shared via email on 6th August 2020.

School Parent Letter (full time) – August 2020

Coming Back to School Social Story August 2020