This is what we have been learning in Primary 3/4NM …
In Numeracy, some of us were learning about decimals.
– We learned that instead of using fractions, you can use decimals instead, like 0.3 (3 tenths). 10 tenths in decimals is 1.0″ (Callan)
Some of us were learning number sequences.
– “We learned about the number before and after. We counted in multiples of 6, 7, 8 and 9. We were practising adding 100 to numbers, to make number sequences.” (Emily)
– “We were counting in 2s, 3s, 4s, 5s and 10s. We used odd and even numbers to make sequences.” (Adam and Cole)
In Literacy, we wrote our final report about animals.
– “We wrote a report about elephants. I had to make sure that I had 3 facts in each section.” (Lola)
We also practised our note-taking skills.
– “We had to listen to Mrs Muir telling us information. We had to write down the important details to help us to remember.” (Eli)
– “We looked up websites and took notes to help us make a poster next time.” (Halle)
In IDL, we learned about what the Romans did to relax.
– “It’s not fair that they used to hunt and kill animals for fun.” (Oscar)
– “They went to the theatre to watch the actors and musicians.” (Emma)
– “The audience would vote to decide whether the losing gladiator would live or die.” (Hannah)
In RSHP lessons, the P3s were learning about different families and talking about feelings and keeping safe.
– “Some children are fostered or adopted.” (Cole)
– “You only need 2 people to make a family.” (Nadia)
– “I trust my family to keep me safe.” (Rhys)
The P4s were learning about staying safe on the internet.
– “We learned that you don’t give out your personal information, like your name, address or school. If someone asks you for personal information when you are playing a game, then you should leave the game.
Have a lovely week off next week!