Primary 2/3EC Week beginning 14.12.20

This week we continued with our shared text ‘How Winston Delivered Christmas’  This week we completed a sequencing task as well as a story hand where we had to identify the main characters in the story so far.

We redrafted our Santa Letter for our Christmas Writing which will be sent home before the holidays. We are very pleased with how our booklet is coming along.

“I enjoyed redrafting my Santa letter”   Malcolm 

“I really enjoyed doing my Christmas writing, it was lots of fun”    Melissa

At the beginning of the week we read the Nativity and then completed sequencing and reading task, this is also in our Christmas Writing booklet.

“ I loved sequencing the Nativity pictures”  Emily

In Numeracy on Wednesday and Friday we completed some Christmas Maths. We learned about co-ordinates and how to read these and then find them on a grid. We then completed some Christmas examples. We found a present and a Santa Claus.

“I chose the challenge sheet and it was a little hard. When I finished it I discovered the picture was Santa Claus”    Layla 

“I picked the challenge sheet, it was a little bit complicated”  Jacob 

“I chose both the easy and challenge sheet. I found them both easy!”    Becky

We also looked at symmetry this week and used a ruler as the line of symmetry and coloured cubes. We completed our own symmetrical patterns.

“It was easy for me, but it was cool because we got to make patterns” Erin

“The line down the middle was called the line of symmetry”   Hana

On Tuesday we had our Christmas Party. We all had a ball. We played Musical chairs and bumps, Christmas Corners and Pass the parcel.

We did some dancing too and Miss Clarkson taught us Superman and the Cha Cha Slide.

To finish off our afternoon we sang a couple of Christmas songs.

“I won Musical Chairs, I got a prize. It was a selection box”    Celestan 

“I won Musical bumps and I got a bag of Haribos as a prize”    Isla 

“ I enjoyed taking part in my Christmas Party”   Harris