This week in P5/6S

This week in P5/6S we have had a fast-paced and exciting week (Caleb).

In Literacy we have been writing our letters to the Queen on the netbooks using our letter plans from last week. We are writing letters to the Queen about an issue we care about or to get information about her life. “My letter was about BLM” (Emma).

We also got new reading books this week. The new titles are ‘The Demon Headmaster’, ‘The Wild Robot’, ‘The Christmasaurus’, ‘Horrid Henry’ and ‘Harry Potter’. “So far, I am enjoying the new book” (Eilidh).

In Numeracy we have been learning about money. We have practised adding, subtracting and multiplying pounds and pennies. We worked as party planners to calculate costs of party food using a budget. “I thought the money activities were fun but quite challenging” (John H.).

Today we were learning about identifying parts of a bank card to help us learn life skills relating to money. We were all able to do a great job of recognising and labelling all the different parts.

In HWB we were learning how to keep ourselves and our pets safe on Bonfire Night. We created firework safety posters to inform people of the dangers and how to stay safe.

In PE we did cross country running. “It was fun but exhausting!” (Callum).

Our Firework Safety Posters

Our firework safety posters.