This Week in P5JS

We have had a successful week.

In literacy we have been working hard to improve our handwriting. A couple months ago our handwriting wasn’t so good but now we have concentrated on it and it has improved (John-William). We have also been continuing to learn how to summarise (Lilli).

In Writing, We have been learning to write letters. We’ve been writing a letter to our friends or family (Liam).

We have a new class novel, ‘The Christmasaurus and the Winter Witch’. (Jackson). I liked the bit where the elves were singing a song (Layla). I liked the bit when they went to the forest of wishes (Ciaran).  I predict that the Winter Witch might destroy the North Pole (Abbey). We’ve not been introduced to the winter witch yet, but we are having fun predicting what might happen!

In Numeracy, We have stopped learning about decimal fractions for a bit and we have moved on to learn about money (Aimee). Today we were learning strategies to add money (Liam). We were counting the money we made at the Christmas Fayre (John-William and Alyxs).

Health and Wellbeing 

In HWB, we have been discussing what makes a good friend and different ways we can be a good friend to others.

In PE, we have been practicing our ceilidh dancing, so that we are ready for our Christmas party next Friday! (Aimee and Colton).

Enterprise/IDL. 

At the Christmas fayre, we sold our ‘Reindeer Chocolate Delight’.  Everyone got a shot to make the product and design the posters and the banner (Liam).  We have been learning about Fairtrade so we made sure to use Fairtrade hot chocolate! Our original idea of using red pom-poms for the noses didn’t work so we had to use some problem solving skills to come up with another idea (Abbey).   We made £66.56! Thank you to everyone who bought some of our ‘Reindeer Chocolate Delight’.  I enjoyed making them (Alexandria).

Miss Smith is so proud of the work P5 are doing and can’t believe we have two weeks left of this term!