This Week in P3/4NM

We have been SO busy this week.  As well as the usual subjects on our timetable, we have also been working on some Christmas-themed activities.

In Literacy, we each had to plan and deliver a structured talk, like a book blessing, called ‘My Favourite Book.’  Our parents and carers helped us with the planning and we presented in front of the class either yesterday or today.
– “My favourite book is ‘Puppy Academy: Scout’ because dogs are my favourite animal and it is an interesting story.’ (Lacey)
– “My favourite book is called an annual because it comes out every year.” (Tyler)
– “I would recommend ‘Tom Gates is absolutely Fantastic (at Some Things)’ to anyone my age as it has funny pats in it and has funny pictures too.” (Ava)

In Health and Wellbeing, we made and tasted lemonade, in preparation for this week’s instruction-writing lesson.
– “I thought the lemonade was really good at first but then it began to taste really sour.” (Oscar)
– “I thought that it was too sweet for me.” (Erin)
– “The lemonade was good because I thought it tasted liked Sprite.” (Mah Noor)

In Art, we learned how to make a chain of paper dolls, all holding hands.  We have been studying the book ‘Paper Dolls’ by Julia Donaldson in our Literacy lessons and wanted to try it out.  We learned how to fold the paper into a concertina, before drawing and carefully cutting out the image.  we made ours into Gingerbread People, in time for Christmas.

For our IDL, we were discussing the skills, abilities and qualities that we need to pursue our desired careers.  For our Christmas Fayre Enterprise Stall, we finished the production of our Christmas key chains.  We are going to count up our money on Monday, to find out if we made a profit or loss, so there is still time to purchase one, if we would like.  Thanks to Miss Low for looking after our stall on the night!

In Numeracy, we showed Mrs Muir what we could remember from having been taught about money in previous years, and from handling money in real life.  We will continue this work next week, including in our IDL discussions.  We learned that money is not the only way to pay for items and services – there are debit cards, credit cards and other payment options available.