This Week in P5JS

This week in P5JS has been a busy week.

Literacy,

This week in writing we were writing a newspaper article (Amelia). We wrote about Bonfire night (Anika). We planned out what was going to go in each paragraph.

In our reading groups, we learned how to do hot seating. You ask one of the characters a question and they have to answer correctly (Lilli). I liked it because it I liked asking people questions and pretending to be a character (Lilli). It was fun (Layla).

Numeracy.

In maths this week we are learning to use division strategies with remainders (Marillena).We enjoyed the division but when it came to remainders it was hard (Abbey). I really enjoyed it (Marilena). We are also learning to measure in millimetres, meters and centimetres (Abbey).

Health and Wellbeing.

We have been learning about our schools vision and values. We talked about respect, being kind to others and not leaving anyone out (Lilli). We also talked about resilience and that it is important to keep trying and never give up (Abbey). I worked my socks off and put in a lot of effort into my literacy. Miss Smith was so proud of the effort I put in that I got to show off my work to Mrs Penman (Liam).

It has been great to see P5 showing the school vision and values in the classroom.

IDL.

We are beginning to learn about fair trade. I saw the fair trade sign on a KitKat wrapper I didn’t know anything about fair trade and I want to learn more. (Layla).

P.E

In PE we have been working on balances and strength I liked using the ropes to climb (Kaleb) there was six different stations. I enjoyed jumping on the spring board (Liam). On the gymnastic mats you could do whatever moves you would like. I liked doing partner balances (Kayley).