School Clothing/Free School Meal Grants
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.30-11.30am and 2-4pm
Please ensure you bring along proof of your qualifying benefits to enable us to proceed with your application.
If your child attends one of our primary, special or secondary schools, you may qualify for a school clothing grant. From August 2018 this will be £100 per child.
School clothing grants will not be paid to children attending nursery schools, nursery classes or other pre 5 centres.
To qualify for a school clothing grant you must be in receipt of Child Benefit and one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Maximum Working Tax Credit and Maximum Child Tax Credit with an income below £6,420
- Child Tax Credit where NO Working Tax Credit is payable and income is less than £16,105 (as assessed by Inland Revenue)
- An asylum seeker in receipt of support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- You may also be eligible if you are in receipt of Universal Credit
Pupils who are eligible for an Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) (over 16 years of age) are not eligible for a school clothing grant.
How to apply
Completed application forms can be handed in to any CAP office or Kilncraigs.
When submitting an application form, proof of income will be required (refer to the notes section of the application form).
Applications for school clothing grants for the 2018/19 academic session can be made until 31 December 2018 and are only awarded once per school year.
Please note grants are no longer paid by cheque.
School clothing grants will only be paid directly into the applicant’s bank account, or a member of the immediate family residing at the same address. Payments cannot be paid directly into a Post Office Account.
(All text and links taken from Clackmannanshire Council website here)