This week in Primary 2AG

Another week has passed in P2AG.

Literacy:

“In writing we were learning to write a personal account” (Ellie). We really focused on using “capital letters, full stops, and finger spaces” (Tia) and at least two different connectives. We know a good piece of news writing includes: “what I was doing” (Cole), “who I was with” (Oscar), “when” I did this (Abbaigh) and “how I felt” (Nadia).

In phonics this week, we have been learning the ‘ur’ sound. The rhyme associated with the ‘ur’ sound is “nurse with a purse” (Tia).

This week we have also been learning to “visualise” parts of a story. (Harry N). We read a chapter of the class novel ‘James and the Giant Peach’ and had to draw how we imagined the scene would look.

We have also been learning to read with expression. We have been making more effort to say it like the character.

Interdisciplinary learning (IDL)

“In Health and Wellbeing, we have been learning how to manage our emotions” (Nadia). We have talked about the strategies we use and the new ones we can replace these with.  For example “When I feel angry I count to ten in my head instead of shouting or crying” (Ruva).

With it being democracy fortnight, we have been learning about the term democracy and the importance of voting (Beth). We know that “you can only vote once” (Krivi) and that everyone has the “right to vote” (Reggie).

In Numeracy, we have been learning to “identify lines of symmetry” (Cole) and complete a symmetrical drawing. We were able to use mirrors to help us identify lines of symmetry.

We have also been learning about directions (Nikola). We were learning to identify our left from our right and were able to follow simple instructions using our right and left hands.

Primary 2 and Miss Gillon.