This week in P3/4LS

This week in P3/4LS we have had a magical week.

Firstly we want to say a big WELCOME to Dennis who has joined our class this week and to his sisters who have also joined the school!

We have had lots of different Literacy tasks this week.

On Monday we were learning to write a personal piece of writing. First we interviewed our friend about what they done during the February holiday. Then we wrote about our February holiday. I was successful because I wrote in first person and I wrote in past tense. I need to remember to add in my thoughts and feelings (Layla).

This week we were learning about adverbs, an adverb describes the verb. We had lots of different stations. At one of the stations we had to change adjectives in to adverbs. The rule is you add  ‘ly’ at the end of the word. I was good at sorting adverbs and adjectives and putting ‘ly’ on the end (Anika).

In writing we were continuing to learn about writing instructions. This week we wrote instructions for ‘How to play snakes and ladders’. To be successful we need to write in order, we also to use bossy verbs at the beginning of each step. It is also important to use connective openers. I found it tricky to get the bossy verbs at the beginning of my steps (Nate).

This week we had a special visitor, Fergus the story teller. He taught us a song and read us lots of stories. I liked the story about the little girl with the shoe, who became famous for her singing because it was an inspiring story (Amy). We hope that Fergus comes back (P3/4LS).

In Maths this week we have been learning to calculate durations of time in whole hours and half hour intervals. I found this a bit challenging, I am successful at counting forward but I need to practise counting backwards (Ben).

We have started to learn about coding. We have been learning to create algorithms (an algorithm is when you give a computer a set of instructions). We  took pictures of Lego to make a set of instructions for another team to try and follow. We also played games and gave the computer simple instructions, like move forward, turn left and right. I have found this easy to start with and I hope it gets harder (Charlie).

This week in our toys topic we started off by learning how to identify and describe materials. We had different stations with toys made from different materials, we had to think about what they felt like and how we would describe that. We then had to write, draw and label our favourite toy describing what it is made of. I was successful because I had good adjectives to describe the material of my favourite toy (Michael).

You can see all our amazing work when our snapshot jotters come home next Friday.

We hope you have an amazing weekend.

From

P3/4 and Miss Stewart