This week in P3/4LS

This week in P3/4LS we have been really busy.

We have started our new Health and Wellbeing topic this week called Safety. This was a really good time to start as it was Internet Safety day on Tuesday.

On Tuesday we were learning about Online Safety Day. We were learning to read for information. We had to read a passage about online safety and then we had to answer questions. Did you know you have to be 13 years old or older to have a Facebook account (Tyler)? I thought it was challenging because it was hard finding the answers in the passage (Amy).

We continued our learning about the importance of being safe online. We used drama to act out a performance on how to be safe online. Go to twitter to view one of our videos, but REMEMBER to BE SAFE ONLINE (Alyxs)! I was successful in my performance as the Dad because I told the little girl how to be safe online with strangers (Mac).

trim_D4112D79-A842-42D2-903E-5348654C5F73

In writing this week we linked with our Toys topic and we started to learn about how to write instructions. Our task was to write instructions for making a  paper snail. We explained the materials needed then we wrote out the steps in order. In  our instructions we had to use bossy verbs and time openers (Anabia, Eilidh H). I think I was successful because I had my writing in order (Anika).

This week for one of our topic lessons we were learning to make a timeline. We used past and present toys and had to display them on a line in date order from past to present. I was successful because I managed to put all the toys in the correct date order (Jamie). I found it challenging because we had to put the toys in order (Charlie).

We also started comparing toys from the past and present. We used words to describe our toys and put them in to a Venn diagram to display similarities and differences in how we would describe them. Lots of the toys from the past were wooden.

In Maths we are continuing to learn about fractions. We are learning to identify and colour fractions of shapes and share a single item equally. I was confused when working out fractions using word problems, but I’m not confused now. In my group we shared our strategies and I now get it (Nate)!

We hope you enjoy your week off!  Don’t forget to BE SAFE ONLINE!

We successfully followed instructions this week to make a flapping bird.

From P3/4LS and Miss Stewart