This week in P.6JDW

In IDL we have been learning about Victorian Schools.  We re-organised the class desks so that we were all sitting in rows.  We used slates and chalk to write with and we wrote our names using cursive writing.  We also had a go at using a fountain pen and ink.  We found that a Victorian school day was very different to our school day. (Seren)

In Numeracy, we have been learning how to simplify fractions and how to simplify a fraction to its simplest form.  We had to use our multiplication and division skills to help us work out the fraction.  (Georgia)

In my Numeracy group, we learned how to round to the nearest 10 and 100.  The rule is – if the units digit is a 0,1,2,3 or 4 you round down and if the units digit is 5, 6, 7, 8 or 9 you round up.  (Leah)

In Writing, we have been planning and preparing to write and create an illustrated picture book.  We have written character descriptions and we have set the scene, and this will help us to write our stories next week.  (Kobey)

In Reading, I learned how to be the ‘Link Maker’.  The ‘Link Maker’ means you make links from your story to your own personal experiences, to other books you have read, to T.V programmes or movies you have watched and any other links to the wider world.   (Umar)

In P.E we have been learning how to play Tag Rugby.  We have been learning how to defend and attack. I am doing well at attacking but need to keep working on my defending skills.  (Ewan)

In Drama, we have been learning how to do ‘frozen picture’ scenes.  In groups, we had to act out an ending to a scene.  We were discussing the emotions and feelings of the different characters in the stories.  (Euan)