Our Parent Council
Strathdevon Primary School’s Parent Council is very parent friendly – it’s a great opportunity to become more involved in the life of your child’s school!
The role of the Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of all parents
- encourage links between the school, parents, pupils and the wider community
A School’s Parent Council is recognised in law and therefore the school and the local authority must listen to the views of the Parent Council says and give it a proper response.
The Parent Council’s Constitution is detailed in the document below:
Generally, members of the Parent Council must be parents of children who attend the school and the chairperson must have a child in the school. However, the Parent Council can decide to co-opt other members from teachers and the community who will have knowledge and skills to help them.
If you would like to join our Parent Council, or would like to hear more, contact our Parent Council on email@example.com
Dates of Upcoming Parent Council Meetings
- Wednesday 19th January 2022 at 8.30 pm.
- Wednesday 23rd February 2022 at 8.30 pm.
- Wednesday 23rd March 2022 at 8.30 pm.
- Wednesday 4th May 2022 at 8.30 pm.
Minutes from Recent Parent Council Meetings
Wednesday 8th December 2021: minutes from 8-12-21 copy copy